So I've been playing for approx. 2.5 yrs. and the only calluses i have are REALLY tiny semi-hard spots on the side of my my frethand pinkey and the side on my pickhand index finger (from palm muting). I play about 1 hr\day during school yr, and 3-4 hrs\day during the summertime. I was wondering if it is normal to not have many calluses after 2.5 yr.
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

Squint your eyes to see clearly. Blur reality to make it real.

Quote by Magic Jim
"Jimmy! Eat your peas!"
"It's not illegal if I don't"
"k, koo"

Imagine if life was like that.

Awesome
my callouses come and go, no matter how much i play. they just randomly peel off sometimes. i wouldnt really worry about it.
Well Im sure its fine, if you no longer get pains in your fingers. Whats actually mean't by calluses anyway? Iv'e being playing for around two years and you can feel that the skins hard on my fret hand fingers, but I don't have big blisters or anything.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
when i had only played for a couple of months and i had callouses on all my left hand fingers. your certainly practicing enough to though. Some fingers just don't get callouses i guess.

Just curious how do you get callouses on your index finger from palm muting?
Does it really matter, ive been playing for six years and my fingers aren't too noticeably calloused. Many factors such as string thinkness, or playing styles such as using lots of slides and bends will attribute to this. You shouldn't worry on your callouses but in your continued improvement as a guitarist.
yeah, thats normal. the skin on the tips of your fingers should be thick and stiff like on the bottom of your heel, its just your skin becoming more resistant to calluses
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
why are palmmuting with your index finger

tis called plammuting cause you use a large digout palm tree
Quote by that1l)ude
when i had only played for a couple of months and i had callouses on all my left hand fingers. your certainly practicing enough to though. Some fingers just don't get callouses i guess.

Just curious how do you get callouses on your index finger from palm muting?

When i palm mute i fan my fingers out and the index finger on my pickhand hits the string before the pick does.
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

Squint your eyes to see clearly. Blur reality to make it real.

Quote by Magic Jim
"Jimmy! Eat your peas!"
"It's not illegal if I don't"
"k, koo"

Imagine if life was like that.

Awesome
Quote by twasbrilling
u want bigger callouses change your string gauge

But that would be harder to play on.

If your worried, use superglue. Yes, it works, I tried it, and it comes off with some soapy water.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I don't have actual calluses. My skin is just hardened. I think its better that way.
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
My fingers were jacked after only playing for a few weeks... lol So 2 years? Then again it all depends on what you're playing. Acoustics will def do it faster. My fender electric acoustic's a little jacked up and pretty stiff and I've considered getting a new guitar... but instead, i'm using to get more strength on my bends/hammer ons and precision. It's my work out... then i jump on the electric and my fingers thank me. lol
I'm starting to get them on my left index and middle fingers. But nowhere else yet. Bend like a biatch to get your callouses up!
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Quote by the Sinner
So I've been playing for approx. 2.5 yrs. and the only calluses i have are REALLY tiny semi-hard spots on the side of my my frethand pinkey and the side on my pickhand index finger (from palm muting). I play about 1 hr\day during school yr, and 3-4 hrs\day during the summertime. I was wondering if it is normal to not have many calluses after 2.5 yr.

either you are actually infact an alligator and your skin is made out of leather or you dont play often enouph
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

they might just not be that visible... I know some people whose calluses you can always see, but mine only become visible when Ive been in the bath for a while & I go pruney