Am I the only one that sees this?

I mean, call me old fashioned, but that's kind of retarded. Advertising a competitor? Come on!

"Free, legal tablature?" Unfortunately, that means they really don't have much of anything.

Back before they got shut down, I used them because they had more tabs then UG at the time. But, I came here when they closed down and I stayed here for The Pit Now that they don't have many tabs at all, combined with not having The Pit...

I think I'll stay here, as will the majority of you kind Pit-Dwellers. Thus, making this advertisement completely USELESS! Like tits on a chandelier, it serves no point... and doesn't even look right.

Anybody else have a take on this?
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
taborama>> all before they got shut down hah
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Yeah, I kinda noticed the adverts as well.

I was waiting for someone to make a thread asking about them and for it to get locked so I'd have an excuse to bitch for a little bit
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
I remember mxtabs. I used to go there before I found UG.
And then it got shut down and I laughed.
Good times.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
Quote by C.C. Deville
taborama>> all before they got shut down hah

Taborama was my tab site of choice too, before they were closed down.

I don't think it matters. People will click on MX Tabs, realize the site sucks, then continue using UG. While UG makes commission from people clicking on the MX Tabs advertisement.
Quote by Td_Nights
Yeah, I kinda noticed the adverts as well.

I was waiting for someone to make a thread asking about them and for it to get locked so I'd have an excuse to bitch for a little bit

I don't see a reason for this to be locked unless theres a rule I'm forgetting about not making threads about the ads on the site... or if someone made a thread already. If either of those are true, or an unforeseen complication, I will gladly allow this to be closed.

Until then, I still wonder why they did it at all.

It's like walking into McDonald's and seeing Burger King posters on the walls.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Ads are typically handled by a third party company that serves up ads that are as relevant as possible by having a bot read the text on a given page.
-limefan913

Quote by Chad48309
Quote by The_lizard_king
Originally Posted by The_lizard_king
It really does relieve stress. I was pissed off for a week because I didn't jerk off, so if you quit it you will go mad.
I don't think that's the correct use of the phrase "going mad."