i searched and couldn't find anything like this.. i don't think it's my intonation, because the notes are all in tune above the 12th fret, but.. on the high e string, the 12th fret doesn't play at all. like, it sounds like a muffled 13th fret when i play it, no matter the tuning i'm in.

any suggestions? i don't wanna go messing around and fixing things that aren't wrong.
i play noisy hardcore in the vein of coalesce interrupted by lots of isis-esque riffage and ambience, with a healthy dose of screamo dynamics ala funeral diner. it even sounds good sometimes!
heighten that strings' action.
I can't stand watching people waste their money on horrible gear.
Quote by inbloom27
bring it into your local music store and get it set up. its the action, it's too low

right.
Gibson LP Studio
Epiphone SG Vibrato
Santana Acoustic
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Fender Mini Twin
Jim Donlup Cry Baby

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this.
get a fret leveler block from a luthier site, perferably one that matches your necks radius so its easier and just do it yourself
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
thanks, i didn't think it'd be something easily fixed, so that's good, at least. it was just weird, because i let a friend borrow it for a while, and when i got it back a few frets wouldn't play.
thanks!

EDIT: fixed. the action was a little bit lower than how i'd set it, and, bot sure if this has any impact, but the high e string is now the same gauge as the b string, he must have broken it and replaced it with the wrong string. guess it's time to slap on a new set of hybrid slinkies.
i play noisy hardcore in the vein of coalesce interrupted by lots of isis-esque riffage and ambience, with a healthy dose of screamo dynamics ala funeral diner. it even sounds good sometimes!
Last edited by jacobthesnakeob at Jul 16, 2008,