Whammy pedals can get you where whammy bars can't.

Listen to Searching by Joe Satriani, he uses the whammy pedal on the chorus of that song and you'll hear what I mean.
A Whammy pedal is a pitch shifter, not a vibrato like a guitar trem, so yes.
Quote by heavensassassin
wahs are totally worth it, they make a better sound and don't put your guitar out of tune

That's a totally different effect...
IMHO the whammy isn't worth getting period.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by Andrusho
Whammy pedals can get you where whammy bars can't.

Listen to Searching by Joe Satriani, he uses the whammy pedal on the chorus of that song and you'll hear what I mean.

god damn i havent listened to satriani before but that songs amazing. He gets that from a digitech?
Quote by d3mon slay
god damn i havent listened to satriani before but that songs amazing. He gets that from a digitech?

Watch a video on youtube of that song. If you pay attention on what he's doing you'll see that he's stepping on a pedal lots of times. And yes it's a digitech, but he doesn't use the whammy pedal too often, most of his weird harmonics are made with his whammy bar.
A whammy pedal really is a different thing than a whammy bar, and your question "worth getting a whammy pedal if i have a whammy bar?" is irrelevant...
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
lol

whammy bar and whammy pedal arent as similar as the name suggests

the whammy bar creates a vibrato effect which the whammy can do to a limited extent. the whammy can raise your sound an entire octave or 2 up or down, or any mix of the two at the same time along with your normal sound if you wish, and it can harmonize at a perfect 4th up and stuff. but it only works well with single notes.

watch some youtube demos to see if its what you want
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
The Whammy pedal is only worth buying if you specifically want to sound like you're using a whammy pedal.

The harmonizer is too crap and grainy to be of any real use, so you buy a Whammy for the pitch shifting and the other stuff is like a bonus.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
the whammy pedal is to tom morello what the Tubescreamer is to SRV.
everytime i hear a whammy pedal, regardless of what is being played, i think of RATM.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.