Hey guys. I was just restringing my guitar and since the last guitar I restrung was a classical, I felt like I needed to pull the strings a little harder than usual. Long story short, I broke my high E string. So now I'm pissed, but I figure that I can take the E string off my B.C. Rich Warlock since I haven't used it for who knows how long (never get a warlock. They're horrible). So I go to tune the E string down and I specifically make sure that I'm turning the tuner the right way. Yet while tuning it down, it breaks. How is that possible?
Quote by Death_To_Emo
Hey I said this once
u cant use electric guitar strings on acoustic and vice virsa
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by sandman-105
u cant use electric guitar strings on acoustic and vice virsa

well its possible. i remember my nylon string was missing a string (d string) so i just put a spare daddario electric string on there
are you feeding too much string though your tuner?
make sure you have plenty of slack, it takes longer to tune but less likely to pop a string.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
dont pull the strings to tight
theyll break if you try to tune them and theyre too tight
My name is Vikki. Use it

We took the last train
Out of the city
To plan our great escape
You dont know your own strength!
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
Guys, all your answers are obvious, but that's not what I'm asking.
Quote by Death_To_Emo
Hey I said this once
Check the feedthru hole in the tuner peg for sharp edges. This may be why the first string broke when you pulled it and it may have nicked the replacement string enough that it broke when you changed the tension on it by tuning down a bit. Just a guess but it's quick to check and eliminate.
Moving on.....
It may have broken at some point around the post and it was being held in place by tension. When you loosened it, it was enough for the broken area to release.
Quote by Death_To_Emo
(never get a warlock. They're horrible).

I would have to disagree. But then again, I would buy some new strings.
I love my Warlocks, and purchase strings for them regularly
I also suspect that you may have been deliberately obtuse to illustrate a point.
Thank you for your brilliant insight, on behalf of those of us who appreciate your wit.
I have the same guitar, except mine is bronze and i just broke my e string this afternoon while playing, I have to get more strings anyway
Quote by Johnthewrench
I would have to disagree. But then again, I would buy some new strings.
I love my Warlocks, and purchase strings for them regularly
I also suspect that you may have been deliberately obtuse to illustrate a point.
Thank you for your brilliant insight, on behalf of those of us who appreciate your wit.

+1

I'm not a huge Warlock fan myself, but I have played a few nice models (too expensive for me to purchase, especially considering I dislike the body style). Calling the Warlock a horrible guitar based on an experience with the Bronze Series is like calling the Les Paul a horrible guitar based on an experience with an Epiphone Les Paul Special II.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
Quote by FourSticks17
+1

I'm not a huge Warlock fan myself, but I have played a few nice models (too expensive for me to purchase, especially considering I dislike the body style). Calling the Warlock a horrible guitar based on an experience with the Bronze Series is like calling the Les Paul a horrible guitar based on an experience with an Epiphone Les Paul Special II.

Very good point, i can vouch that bronze series warlocks suck,
My gear so far >.>
Schecter Synyster standard
crappy BC rich bronze series warlock
Vox AD15VT-XL

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
*facepalm*

Threadstarter realises he broke the string by twisting too much guys. He just wants to know if he can take the E string off his warlock and put it on his other guitar.
If its the same guage strings, then i guess its worth a try if you say you never play the warlock, though i've never done anything like this.
Quote by FourSticks17
Calling the Warlock a horrible guitar based on an experience with the Bronze Series is like calling the Les Paul a horrible guitar based on an experience with an Epiphone Les Paul Special II.
No wonder. I think I have a Bronze Series. It was my first guitar so I got it when I didn't know anything about guitars.
Quote by Death_To_Emo
Hey I said this once
Quote by StonaLemons
*facepalm*

Threadstarter realises he broke the string by twisting too much guys. He just wants to know if he can take the E string off his warlock and put it on his other guitar.
If its the same guage strings, then i guess its worth a try if you say you never play the warlock, though i've never done anything like this.

Right back at you He implies he broke two strings.... one by stretching too hard and the replacement one while tuning down to loosen it.
Moving on.....
Old strings can break if you tune down, as you said you havent played the warlock in a long time so the strings were probobly just old. The loss in tension finished it off.