awesome lead guitarist obv!!!!!!!!
like hayley williams vs josh farro
josh makes paramore the most awesomest
see,works!
My name is Vikki. Use it

We took the last train
Out of the city
To plan our great escape
lead vocalist. singer is what makes or break MOST bands (unless you're like van halen or something)
I have to admit I'm far more drawn to bands with awesome lead guitarists than singers but I'm sure others would put singer above guitarist, mind you there won't be too many on UG.....
Put it this way. How many bands are there without a singer? And also how many are there with out a lead guitarist? There are a lot more without a singer then there are without a guitarist.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Quote by srvflood
Put it this way. How many bands are there without a singer? And also how many are there with out a lead guitarist? There are a lot more without a singer then there are without a guitarist.

If you shred loud enough and good enough people will completely forget about the guy stand ing buy the mic. And besides, isn't that what guitar solos are for.
Guitar solos are overrated.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Quote by srvflood
Guitar solos are overrated.

Nah if done right they addddd soooo much to a song.... I don't think every song should use them..
XBL GT: WILDWAYNE001
add me if you wish...
Quote by ParamoreMadXD
awesome lead guitarist obv!!!!!!!!
like hayley williams vs josh farro
josh makes paramore the most awesomest
see,works!

You're kidding right?
Depends on what music your playing. If your playing 80's Glam Rock I think the vocalist is more important. If your playing Technical Thrash or Death Metal im gonna say that the Guitarist is much more important.
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
the guitarist! I'm usually focusing on him more than anyone else. next to the rythem guitarist and drummer. bass is cool to look at too.

but yeah dude it's kinda wierd to have some guy singing and having the spot light but it's meaningless when your guitarist cant play one note... but if your guitarist is shredding like crazy but your singer sings like a little kid then you can get a little farther
bro0otal

Drummer

Guitarist___________Bassist________________Vox______________________Lead Guitarist
Both have their strong points. Going along the same lines as Banana Man, if you have crappy guitarists and a great singer or great guitarists and a horrible singer you aren't likely to be the best out there. You really need a good balance as far as quality of each to get the most out of the band.
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
I think both are important but I think having a good vocalist is more of a priority.
Quote by CaseOnBass
You're kidding right?

Look at the username. They are dead serious
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
I rather hear a band with a great vocalist then a band with a great leadguitarist.
I would have to say singer. The singer is the first thing that the audience hears and is the first thing that they use to make a decision about the band. If I hear a band who has awesome lead vocals but their guitarist aren't really up to par I can deal. Guitar for me is harder to master cause singing either comes naturally or doesn't.
Quote by CaseOnBass
You're kidding right?

if i was kidding,do you think i would have put it there???
My name is Vikki. Use it

We took the last train
Out of the city
To plan our great escape
Even though I'm guitarist, I'd have to say vocalist is more important because I've heard my friend's bands where all the instrumentals were good and the singer sucked, and needless to say they were all very horrible. However, successful bands such as Green Day, and Fall Out Boy, have proven you can sell lots records without an amazing guitarist.
For me vocalists are pretty easy to find i mean get some voice training and BAM you got a vocalists a lead guitarist can take years to be really good.

PLaying guitar is more of a talent