i have line 6 spider and is all i have to do is connect my amp and computer with a 1/4 to 1/8 adaptor ?
into what? a sound card? which jack...
My band's one cover is in my profile!

Rig:

Charvel San Dimas Style 2 Pagan Gold
Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by Impress93
^ ?

whats that mean ?

Read the f*cking manual.

Anyways, plug your amp's line out into your computer's line in. Download Audacity and record.
thanks

i mean eventually i plan on getting a mixer but im just starting ou with recording and i wont to see what i need and learn more about it first
Quote by Impress93
thanks

i mean eventually i plan on getting a mixer but im just starting ou with recording and i wont to see what i need and learn more about it first

No problem.

Look into get a simple USB or Firewire interface. Check out the M-Audio website for some great stuff. I picked mine up for like $120 and it works great.
i used to do this until i got a tube amp. now i mic up the tube amp.. with a crappy computer mic... it still sounds better than my previous recording setup, though. but it was pretty good for recording demos using a 1/4" to 1/8" jack. the only reason i don't do it is because if i used the FX send on my laney amp it would just send the preamp signal, which would be really fizzy.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Jul 16, 2008,
Quote by aberrant
be careful you could damage your computer if you don't do it correctly....

if you use the headphone/line out, it'll be fine.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.