am i doing something wrong here? because every time i try this i get the low E tuned down but then all the other strings go sharp, then when i detune the other strings the D goes sharp >=(

whats the technique to doing this?
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
just gotta keep going back an forth until its good, physics = the downfall of teh floydz0rz
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
You're really not meant to do it with a Floyd. Unless you get something like a Tremol- no that can make your bridge hardtail, you need to undo the string clamps and retune like you normally would.
should i undo all teh string clamps or just the EA one?
Quote by C.C. Deville
should i undo all teh string clamps or just the EA one?

All of 'em. Downtuning the E string's going to make all the other strings way too sharp to fix with the fine- tuners.
look up some videos on youtube. your going to have to mess with the springs in the back and everything. i have a jackson and an ibanez with floyds and at first...i had one hell of a time figuring out. but ive changed strings so many times that its almost natural
You'll need to adjust the bridge and retune the entire guitar to use any alternate tuning on a floating trem. I thought about doing a full tutorial on Floyd Rose tuning and setup with pics. Would you guys be interested?
Quote by Scream And Fly
You'll need to adjust the bridge and retune the entire guitar to use any alternate tuning on a floating trem. I thought about doing a full tutorial on Floyd Rose tuning and setup with pics. Would you guys be interested?

I would be interested in seeing that.
nah, you wouldnt have to adjust the springs and stuff just for drop D... i got it btw, unlocking all the nuts helped i guess... but yeah its stable and in tune in drop D now. The bridge didnt even change position at all
Quote by eds1275
I would be interested in seeing that.

I have to change the strings on one of my Jacksons, so I'll use that as an oppurtunity to do a tutorial. There's a lot of bad information here on how to best set up a locking trem (Floyd Rose). When set up correctly, they are rock solid, but they must be set up correctly. I'll get it done for you all
Quote by Scream And Fly

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Impress93
just get one of them drop d tuna things

For that, you have to make the trem dive- only. Which for me, takes all the fun out of a floyd .

I luvz mah dimesqueals.
You can use drop tunings without having to buy useless crap like a tremol-no.

Adjust the springs in the back so that two springs are more towards the low e. I'd also suggest that you use more than 3 springs.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG