Page 1 of 3
I have a choice to go to the funeral, its in bridgeport conneticut I don't know whether to go or not I don't want to see my family members at such a sad time.

1980s Ibanez RG470
Epiphone G400
Peavey Vypyr 30
Vox DA5
Vox Cybaby Wah
Monster Cables
and Red Jazz IIIs

I donated 2020 grains of rice

http://freerice.com/index.php
This isn't about you. Don't be a selfish twat. It's about your grandmother. Go.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Harmonius

Easy there, asshole.

But seriously though, you really should go.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
I have friends in Bridgeport. Is it nice?
With a name like Yakult, it has to be good. Vote Yakult.

Member #11 of the "...Still Waiting for the Zombie
Holocaust" club. PM Smokey Amp

Roland Deschain of UG's Heroes and Villains Clubs.
i know i didnt go to a funeral to one of my family members death. i mean if you really dont want to go, then you dont have to because it IS very emotionally tense.
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
If you don't go, then you'll probably regret it

Sorry about to hear about it, though.
RIP Tom Searle.
sorry for your loss. and +1 for being Selfish.
wham, bam, thank you ma'am!
Quote by adr11iano
im sorry to hear that man

but you should go

you'll regret it if you dont

+1 man, it's your grandma. Unless you've never met her or something I say it's your duty to go and pay respects.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Sorry to hear it, man. You should go, out of respect and people will want you to be there.
Quote by Harmonius

Calm down man, he's probably a LITTLE stressed right now...

But to the TS, even if there is in tension with you and the rest of your family, I would reccomend you would go out of respect for your grandmother, regardless of what type of relationship you had with her.

That's my advice, take it or leave it

Sorry for your loss

Peace
You an't not go because it's gonna be too sad. If you were close to her, or liked her at all, go.

EDIT: How \inconsiderate of me...my condolances. I'm sorry for your loss.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Sorry to hear it man, but go. I regret I didn't go to my grandparents funeral or my aunts (I was very younger when they all died)
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

don't think bout your grandma think bout your parents bro's etc would they benifit from you being there
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
but you should go if you don't then
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
Go definately, it's a time when everyone has to be there for each other, plus you will really regret it in the future if you don't.

and sorry to hear about that, losing a relative sucks
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
Quote by DiveRightIn63
Easy there, asshole.

But seriously though, you really should go.

A funeral is supposed to be emotion. It's what they're designed for. Not wanting to see family members makes it entirely selfish because it's not about how you're feeling. You go to a funeral out of respect for the lost soul. When someone close has died you pay your respects - end of.

If you're stressed - not going will make it worse. You shouldn't even thinking about this dilemma.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

sorry dude. you should go if you got on with her well. of you wern't close to her then try not to beat yourself up if you dont go
You may not want to see them at such a sad time, but did you ever think that they might want to see you? Do you think your grandmother would want you there? Unity and support at a time like this is what keeps a family strong and is pretty crucial if you plan on having secure ties with your close family and even distant relatives.
I understand and can sympathize with the pain you may be dealing with, but it is important to support everyone who cares at a time like this.

If it isn't going too far out of your way, I strongly suggest attending the funeral; but it is solely your own choice.
When my grandma died, I wouldn't say my goodbyes to her for the first 6 of the 7 days that the body was at the house (Dutch tradition, I think. The body is kept at the house before the funeral so people can say personal farewells). I just shut myself off from the rest of the family for those 6 days. Afterwards I felt a dick because I wasn't there to share with the mourning and the celebration of her life with those that loved her.

Go to the funeral.
im sorry to hear that . but i think that you should go because it would be very nice to pay tribute to someone that you loved. even though its no fun seeing family at such a sad time it is nesscessary because they want you to know you support them
I would go.

My grandfathers funeral was rough and probably the worst experience of my life.

But i would have hated myself for not going.
its really hard to see your family breaking down and crying but you will regret not going later on. I know i hated seeing my mom cry when my grandma died but i had to fight through it.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Quote by Harmonius
A funeral is supposed to be emotion. It's what they're designed for. Not wanting to see family members makes it entirely selfish because it's not about how you're feeling. You go to a funeral out of respect for the lost soul. When someone close has died you pay your respects - end of.

If you're stressed - not going will make it worse. You shouldn't even thinking about this dilemma.

Why do you have to act like such a stuck up ass? I'd hate to meet you in person if that's how you really talk to people.

You are right about what a funeral is all about but damn, the person's grand mother just died, give him a break.
Quote by Count William
Why do you have to act like such a stuck up ass? I'd hate to meet you in person if that's how you really talk to people.

You are right about what a funeral is all about but damn, the person's grand mother just died, give him a break.

Sorry to offend. I'm pretty blunt, like it or not.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by adr11iano
im sorry to hear that man

but you should go

you'll regret it if you dont

+1.0

and ts, i'm sorry to hear about that man.
Your dreams are all out of focus;
Knock you up when you're feeling down.
And all the world feels so unreal...

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Hitler was really smart and could have been a good leader but he was kind of a douche to the Jews.
Go, if not for yourself go for the sake of your family.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
If you don't want to go then don't. I would go if only for a number 1 selfish reason, if you don't get some sort of closure then 6 months from now you'll still feel like she's alive and kicking. Heck, after my grandfather died, for 3 or 4 months after I would sometimes forget ..I'd be like "hey, I should show this to gramps...oh wait...damn...."
Chaos

Quote by Phobos&Deimos
I never brag about how incredibly awesome I am.

Hey, TS, Sorry for your loss, my man.

You should go though, out of respect for your Grandma.

Dude, not cool. I understand what you're saying, but this isn't helping. If you're criticising this guy for being generally insensitive, I think you should at least take your own advice. Don't be so aggressive.

Last edited by LordBishek at Jul 16, 2008,
Quote by LordBishek
Hey, TS, Sorry for your loss, my man.

You should go though, out of respect for your Grandma.

Dude, not cool. I understand what you're saying, but this isn't helping. If you're criticising this guy for being generally insensitive, I think you should at least take your own advice. Don't be so aggressive.

Duly noted for next time - see above post.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

sorry to hear it. But seriously, you should go to the funeral. The family needs you in a time like this.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Im going to the funeral, before its not that I didn't want to go it's just that it would be so damn awkward. I dont want to have an emotional breakdown in front of my family. But I guess i'll have to be strong and just go.

1980s Ibanez RG470
Epiphone G400
Peavey Vypyr 30
Vox DA5
Vox Cybaby Wah
Monster Cables
and Red Jazz IIIs

I donated 2020 grains of rice

http://freerice.com/index.php
Quote by MulanoSG
Im going to the funeral, before its not that I didn't want to go it's just that it would be so damn awkward. I dont want to have an emotional breakdown in front of my family. But I guess i'll have to be strong and just go.

You know, my friend, if you can't emotionally break down in front of the people who love you the most, who can you break down in front of?

Do you honestly think anyone there will think the less of you just because you're upset? Close friends and family's are there to support and comfort you. God knows this world is pretty lonely even with them.
Last edited by LordBishek at Jul 16, 2008,
Quote by MulanoSG

No-one's going to judge you for being upset at the funeral.
Quote by Shred Head
Your grandmother is dead and your making a thread? That's sick, mods, close this and ban him!

I hope you're taking the piss.
Sorry dude..

Last yearour neighour and a long time family friend died. Funerals are tough but it's better to say your goodbyes than regret it later.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Page 1 of 3