i just ordered a brand new Jackson Warrior WRXT. Im replacing the pickups as soon as it arrives. The Detonators that come on it are too muddy at high gain and they dont have the tome i like. Im getting new Duncan actives. The bridge will either be a AHB-2 or an LW-HMET. I cannot however, figure out which active pickup to use in the neck position. Any suggestions? Should i just buy a set of two actives? Should i just put a passive pickup there even though the wiring is harder?
Thanks
Well ive never played the livewire set.

But i can tell you i enjoy the blackouts, especially the neck pickup.

And dont put passives in.....noo...

unless you really want to mix actives and passives
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
still, if i didnt install a set which pickup would i put in the neck
I told you I enjoy the sound of the blackout neck pickup......

and its up to you.
Guitars-LEFTY
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Cube 15
Misc.
thanks, i didnt think of the ahb-2 as a neck pickup, i guess ill put that in the neck and the LW-HMET in the bridge
WOAH WOAH WOAH, are you under the impression that the blackout is only a bridge model??

please dont get the bridge model in the neck if that the case.

the blackouts and live wire have bridge AND neck pickups, they look the same but are wired differently for different tonal response/ eq
Guitars-LEFTY
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Cube 15
Misc.
^^^the liveswires metal have been replaced with the new blackout metal, and there is only one version
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Last edited by twinturboaudi at Jul 18, 2008,
are there different livewires than the dave mustaine livewires? because if thats not the case, how did i order mustaine livewires off of musiciansfriend last week.
Schecter C-1 XXX (with SD Dave Mustaine Livewire Actives)
Roland Cube 60
yes...they have different versions, we're talking about the livewire metal pickups, they basically remade the pickup as a 9 volt instead of 18 volt
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by dhoyft
are there different livewires than the dave mustaine livewires? because if thats not the case, how did i order mustaine livewires off of musiciansfriend last week.

The LiveWires, Dave Mustaine LiveWires and LiveWires Metal are 3 (6 if we include the neck p-u) different pickups.

Quote by twinturboaudi
^^^the liveswires metal have been replaced with the new blackout metal, and there is only one version

On the SD website, the Blackouts Metal and the LiveWires Metal are still there. And there is more than one version.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Last edited by QuebecMetal at Jul 18, 2008,
yeah, the Mustaines arent the only ones, and you cant get a single blackout of livewire for the neck, i need another active pickup there. The mustaines suck andway, at least thats what i hear, theyre way to high of an output to use for about anything and they get super muddy
Quote by yawny
yeah, the Mustaines arent the only ones, and you cant get a single blackout of livewire for the neck, i need another active pickup there. The mustaines suck andway, at least thats what i hear, theyre way to high of an output to use for about anything and they get super muddy

they do make a neck version of the blackout that u can buy single...u need to specify when ordering which you want

and according to seymour duncan tech support, the 18volt livewire met is being phased out by the new 9 volt blackout metal
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by yawny

ummmm...

Quote by seymourduncan.com
Blackouts are available in individual neck and bridge models, or as a two-pickup set.

do research, please.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE