For the past 2 weeks, i was in New Hampshire with my friend, and had to live with playing through my Marshall Mini Stack (not an mg, the travel kind) suffice to say it sounded bad, through anything except my neck pickup, although even that was bad.

I just got back today, plugged into my Supersonic with my TS9, and was surrounded by the most saturated, harmonic laden, tone. That was so versatile, it had enough bite and gain but could clean up and wasnt overly distorted

If anyone happens to have a Supersonic and a TS9, try out my settings:

Amp

Gain 1 (Preamp) - 8
Gain 2 (Poweramp) -10
Treble- 6 1/2
Bass-5 1/2
Middle-7
Volume - 5

Tubescreamer

Drive- 12 o clock
Tone- 12 o clock
Level- Maxed out
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
At first when I read your title, I went WTF?!?!? What's wrong with this kid!?!?!?

But now that you've explained it, I could not agree more.
Quote by guerito
how are the higher gain settings on the supersonic?

They are REALLY smooth and liquidy, really good for lead lines, a little muddy on low volumes, but with a good OD pedal it cant really do higher gain stuff like Satriani, Vai, not good if youre into tight metal though.
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Quote by Nathan_393
At first when I read your title, I went WTF?!?!? What's wrong with this kid!?!?!?

But now that you've explained it, I could not agree more.

I sometimes on purpose set a really ****ty tone, and just play like crazy. It makes me feel nice. If I have good tone setup, i almost feel guilty whn just going crazy and "shreading" all over the place.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
I get that ... my music teacher uses a really nasty SS amp for music class. Afterward I go home, plug into my mesa, and the difference in sound quality makes me really appreciate the nicer amplifier!
They are REALLY smooth and liquidy, really good for lead lines, a little muddy on low volumes, but with a good OD pedal it cant really do higher gain stuff like Satriani, Vai, not good if youre into tight metal though.

As opposed to flabby metal or lose metal?
Quote by Steve BP
I get that ... my music teacher uses a really nasty SS amp for music class. Afterward I go home, plug into my mesa, and the difference in sound quality makes me really appreciate the nicer amplifier!

Haha, mines EXACTLY the same thing; we've got this Crate SS amp at practice that just makes my schecter or ibanez sound terrible, but i go home, plug into my DC-5 and just hit a friggin E chord, and have to stand back and appreciate the better amp.

Although cringe when i remember the price tag of such greatness. >_>

It was worth it.

The same thing happens when I only have access to an acoustic, or have to use my little zoom recorder to hear my guitar. When I plug into a REAL amp, it sounds heavenly.
I only get to crank my Laney about once a month, but when I do it's worth having to use a Pod for the rest of the time, I always end up with a big shit-eating grin on my face when I'm going through the Laney.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by Mwoit

As opposed to flabby metal or lose metal?

Yes as there are such things as DIFFERENT tones....

The low end on the supersonic is very loose and open as opposed to say a Peavey 6505 for a real tight low end.
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
My Hot Rod Deluxe has been in the shop for a month and half so I've been playing thru a bass amp/straight into my computer. I'm soo stoked to pick it up tomorrow so I can finally start cumming in my pants again from its tone lol
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

It's like having bacon and eggs for breakfest every morning and then ur forced to have toast for a week. But then u get back to ur bacon and eggs and u like it more then before!
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by gstacey1
It's like having bacon and eggs for breakfest every morning and then ur forced to have toast for a week. But then u get back to ur bacon and eggs and u like it more then before!

Screw you toast is yummy in my tummy
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by stinger12345
Screw you toast is yummy in my tummy

or we could combine them and make a bacon egg and cheese and then its the best of both worlds
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by gstacey1
or we could combine them and make a bacon egg and cheese and then its the best of both worlds

And thats why i run a Boogie Mark IV through a Marshall MG412 cabinet.

not seriously, though i wish i had a Mark IV
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Quote by Teh GIR
And thats why i run a Boogie Mark IV through a Marshall MG412 cabinet.

not seriously, though i wish i had a Mark IV

wrong when u combine them toast becomes a good thing so you would need an mg cab that is gutted and redone by yourself with decent speakers. or u cuold use bagel and then it be top of line stuff right off the bat
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
when i travel i always drag along a POD and some headphones to jam in the Hotel, and when i get back home to my Amps i have to apologize to them for temporarly going digital, and warming them up, tickling the knobs, teasing them by cranking them for 30 seconds then back to low volume. sitting infront of them with an acoustic singing to them.

ok just kidding, but yes i think everyone could take for granted their great tone.
AMPS:
Bugera 333XL
Orange AD30
VoxAC30cc2
ELECTRIC GUITARS:
Les Paul Standard 60s Neck
Jackson DKM2
Godin Solidac
ACOUSTICS:
Taylor 714CE
#1 Influence:
RUSH!!!
Sometimes having a good tone is bad for me... hear me out first haha

I play through an AC30 and well i always nitpick at it. If i dont like something i must change it until its perfect. Yet when my friends come over and i havent dialed in my so called "good tone" they still think it sounds awesome.
Gear:
Epi Les Paul Custom w/ 57 classic plus & burstbucker pro
Gibson SG Limited Edition, Crescent Moon Inlays
Dr. Z SRZ-65
Egnater 4x12 cab w/ Vintage 30s