But half of those bands have singers that just totally ruin the song. For example "In Your Face" by Children of Bodom has some great guitar work but they're singer ruins the song. Cant anyone make a good metal song without screaming like a girl anymore?
Destroy The Runner have alot more singing. Only a little bit of screaming.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Screaming like girls? Have you ever heard a girl growl like the guys from Nile
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
Kurt Cobain is such a talented vocalist as well....btw it is an acquired taste, everyone knows Alexi isn't the greatest vocalist but they get over it and eventually get into them, i wasn't a big fan of Alexi's vocals but now they are my favorite band.
Quote by evolve215
But For example "In Your Face" by Children of Bodom has some great guitar work but they're singer ruins the song. Cant anyone make a good metal song without screaming like a girl anymore?

That's one of BoC's only good songs lol
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
Motorhead, Iron Maiden, 80s Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer. None scream like girls and they're known as some of the greatest metal bands of all time.
Kurt Cobain is such a talented vocalist as well....btw it is an acquired taste, everyone knows Alexi isn't the greatest vocalist but they get over it and eventually get into them, i wasn't a big fan of Alexi's vocals but now they are my favorite band.

i agree except about kurt cobain.
Quote by pwrmax
Motorhead, Iron Maiden, 80s Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer. None scream like girls and they're known as some of the greatest metal bands of all time.

well, no offense to Mr. Dickinson, but the screaming like a girl thing is a bit debateable for Maiden
Quote by Gregray88

kurt kobain was a terrible singer. good songwriter, good at angry screeching, but not a 'good vocalist' by my definition.
Well some people are and will always be to closeminded to appreciate growling and similar vocal techniques. If it bothers you, just don't listen to it. There are plenty of bands that don't use it, just go to the rec thread in the metal forum and ask if you can't find any on your own.
Quote by pwrmax

+1

I hate the vocals these days on what is called "metal". It is fine that some people like that screamo stuff but we need some old school metal singers that don't. I have listened to so many local bands that have a great sound but after their singer opens his mouth all i want is instrumental copy of their CD (which to bad none of these bands ever have).
Quote by Gregray88

cobain, Metal?!? lmao...
xbox live gamertag: phillips215
Quote by ViperScale
+1

I hate the vocals these days on what is called "metal". It is fine that some people like that screamo stuff but we need some old school metal singers that don't. I have listened to so many local bands that have a great sound but after their singer opens his mouth all i want is instrumental copy of their CD (which to bad none of these bands ever have).

haw. same with me.
Quote by Guitarmike123
Well some people are and will always be to closeminded to appreciate growling and similar vocal techniques. If it bothers you, just don't listen to it. There are plenty of bands that don't use it, just go to the rec thread in the metal forum and ask if you can't find any on your own.

This.
For all the recommendation... I wasnt asking for a good metal band. I was saying the metal "these days" is nothing but screaming. I listen to alot of pre 85' metal.
Quote by evolve215
But half of those bands have singers that just totally ruin the song. For example "In Your Face" by Children of Bodom has some great guitar work but they're singer ruins the song. Cant anyone make a good metal song without screaming like a girl anymore?
your post could have been good, but YOU'RE grammar ruined it.

dont listen to metal with growled/screamed vocals then.