Finally came in the mail today and it is worth the money!!!!! It's the first dist pedal I've played that actually sounds like it's coming from an amp. My Hot Rod Deluxe is in the shop so I have only played it through my bass amp, and even that sounds ****ing good. I have some sound clips, but keep in mind, it's being plugged into the mic input, so while the soundclips sound fairly good, it still sounds WAY better thru an amp, I can't wait until I get my Hot Rod back, my setup is finally complete. Well almost, it's a fairly noisy pedal, especially when the gain is cranked, so a noise gate is definitely a good idea, but it's worth it for sure!! And it's built like a ****ing tank check out the pics!!

Sounclip
The first portion is just with the gain at 3 oclock, but the last Puppets part is at full 5 oclock. I don't care about the sloppy playing, it's really not the point!!!

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Sounds like crap, but that could be coming from more elements from your gear. Whatever makes you happy, I guess.
I have the same, though I never run the Dist through the gain channel. I bought it because the gain on my HRD was appalling for anything other than light crunch, though I have a Marshall for gain now. I use it at band practice, they only have ****ty SS amps so I run it through the clean channel and it sounds a lot better than the amp.
Quote by SG thrasher
Sounds buzzy, fuzzy and nasty to me, but if you like it, good for you.

I agree, sounded horrible for that amount of money; too much fuzz not enough tightness.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Yes, but as I said...I plugged it straight into the computer. If you're able to get the same tone from your computer as you do with your amp, than you are a saint. I thought you guys would be able to realize that...

But I admit, that's completely my fault for doing the pedal such injustice by posting a ****ty example.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100

Last edited by stinger12345 at Jul 16, 2008,
Quote by stinger12345
Yes, but as I said...I plugged it straight into the computer. If you're able to get the same tone from your computer as you do with your amp, than you are a saint. I thought you guys would be able to realize that...

But I admit, that's completely my fault for doing the pedal such injustice by posting a ****ty example.

look at my recordings check it that ain't bad tone imo
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
look at my recordings check it that ain't bad tone imo

You haven't done a high-gain one though...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I'm getting my buddies SM57 to record over some of my bands tracks, i'll be sure to do some more with the DISTX because I feel I have mislead you all in its sound quality.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100

Quote by aznrockerdude
You haven't done a high-gain one though...

high enough for me :P lol. but I'll give that to ya
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by stinger12345
I'm getting my buddies SM57 to record over some of my bands tracks, i'll be sure to do some more with the DISTX because I feel I have mislead you all in its sound quality.

ah yeah that'd be great.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
sounds like an overloaded mixer
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
My HT-DUAL sounds better (when I use an amp at least)
I'm pretty sure it only sounds so bad because you recorded directly into your PC.
i have an hd-dist. blackstar pedals are great. cant be beat in its price range (at least where i got it)

distortion pedal through clean amp CAN sound good. satch does it and his tone is something that i based mine around to a significant extent. my tone is slightly lower gain and darker than his though.

i also love using it like a tubescreamer to boost my ac15 into further overdrive to play srv or clapton.

also, i dont think the ht dual sounds better, its simply more versitile. i could have gotten it but i figured i didnt need the extra versitility cause i can just mix the hd dist with amp od.

and to blackstar owners: where do you like your isf? i like mine about 2 o clock
Last edited by no_thing101 at Jul 18, 2008,
good man. i have the HT-DRIVE... awesome pedal too. i love it.

enjoy

:edit - i have one of the lower gain ones, no ISF. i did try the HT-DIST but i aint man enough for that much gain... lol
Thank you please.
Last edited by deadlydunc at Jul 18, 2008,
Quote by fallenjuggalo
Is it gold or silver?

the pedals are silver if thats what you mean.
I like my ISF at either 9 o' clock or 1-3 o' clock.
When I got it, I used the USA side of the knob more, but I have recently found a liking for the British side of the ISF knob... turn it a little (just a little) towards the British side and you get a nice, punchy tone on both channels. I love that tone
Last edited by Warped Signal at Jul 18, 2008,
i like the british side better cause it sounds smoother and rounder. although it doesnt make much difference when i boost the mids on my pedal.
I haven't really found a main spot for the ISF quite yet. I prefer it a little towards 8-9 oclock if I'm scooping the mids, but lately I've been leaning more towards the British side...
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100