I'm trying to get my new music onto my ipod but when I plug it in it won't sync. If I go to My Computer it doesn't even recognize the ipod. How do I get it to work? The ipod doesn't show up in itunes in the bar on the side or in My Computer. I know both the cable and the USB port are working because it says it's charging my ipod. Do you guys know how to remedy this or should I just steal my cousin's Zen?
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Last edited by Slaytanic6606 at Jul 16, 2008,
Something similar happened to me a while ago. You probably deleted a component of iTunes so just re-install it. Going Start > Run and typing in "iPodHelper.exe" might work, too. Although it slows down your computer.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
I've had that problem before when I'd upload someone else's iPod. Did you try restarting your computer? That's worked for me.

Guy below me's advice has also applied in the past.
Make sure you have the latest version of Itunes and the latest version of software for your ipod.

other than that, I don't know what to tell you.
omg! that happened to me too but my iPod Nano broke shortly after (5 min).
wham, bam, thank you ma'am!
Quote by Vagabond21
Make sure you have the latest version of Itunes and the latest version of software for your ipod.

that isnt rlly nesacary i havent even updated my ipod ever and it still recognizes it
If reinstalling iTunes doesn't help, borrow a cable from a friend and try it. It's possible that it may be damaged.

Does (assuming your running Windows) your system play a sound indicating that something was plugged into the USB port? Do you see it adding it as a hard disc? If so, then iTunes is at fault. If not, you've got another issue.

Take your iPod to a friends computer and see if it works there.

There are other reasons as well. We disable USB drives here at work in the Group Policy, so it's possible that a system setting will not allow that device.
Quote by Krankd
If reinstalling iTunes doesn't help, borrow a cable from a friend and try it. It's possible that it may be damaged.

Does (assuming your running Windows) your system play a sound indicating that something was plugged into the USB port? Do you see it adding it as a hard disc? If so, then iTunes is at fault. If not, you've got another issue.

Take your iPod to a friends computer and see if it works there.

There are other reasons as well. We disable USB drives here at work in the Group Policy, so it's possible that a system setting will not allow that device.

My computer doesn't even see it as plugged in. Usually theres an ipod icon in My Computer but it's just not there.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by Vagabond21

This fixed my ipod also.
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
maybe you have it synced to another computer? you can only have it synced to one computer at a time
Quote by Bartleby
maybe you have it synced to another computer? you can only have it synced to one computer at a time

No, I've only used it on this computer and a wall outlet adapter, but it worked last night even after I used the outlet adapter so I don't think thats it.
Quote by HuckIt