Two Amps:

1. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RX120RH-and-RX412-Half-Stack?sku=481735

2. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-60-Guitar-Amp?sku=480197

I have a few questions I need answered to help me with my choice.

Regarding the Randall:

Is this amp any good? Is it quiet enough for practice yet loud enough to do small sized gigs (no mic.) and gigs that will mic my amp? How is the overdrive and clean channels on it?

Regarding the Roland Cube 60:

This amp is only a 60W, I was thinking of buying one of these and some type of cabinet in the next few months or just buy two and run them in stereo. Would this be better than just buying the Randall Halfstack? The randall is cheaper and I can always just buy another cab or speaker for it.

My Genres are:

Classic Rock
Rock (Like Hinder and Nickelback)
Hard Rock
Older Metal (Iron Maiden, and Metallica type stuff)
Newer Metal
and the occasional Blues

Are either of these good for giggin and practice? With or without a mic?

Sorry for making you read all that guys, just need help.

Thanks

Last edited by ~Shred Hero~ at Jul 16, 2008,
Have a look at valve amps like the Peavey Valveking before getting a huge SS amp.

The best thing you can do, though, is take a trip around the guitar shops in your area and try stuff out. You can always buy over the Internet to save yourself from the high prices.
Quote by blue_strat
Have a look at valve amps like the Peavey Valveking before getting a huge SS amp.

The best thing you can do, though, is take a trip around the guitar shops in your area and try stuff out. You can always buy over the Internet to save yourself from the high prices.

My friend owns one and had to get it repaired quite a few times in under a year. I dunno if I want to go through that...
Only issue with the cube is 60 watts wont be enough to cover a gig unless your miced. The randall is a better choice for gigging in my opinion and if your scared of tubes then go with a older randall like a RH100 which would be the best out of the choices you posted.

Other then that there are some other great tube amps out there. 5150 combo, XXX combo, JSX Combo, and Ultra combo and you can get all those in head form if you wanted to go down that road.