Ok, I have one of those crappy 30 dollar mp3 players. 1 GB, kinda looks like a big ass flash drive... it kinda is. ANYHOO, I recently got my computer fixed, and he put on a new copy of windows XP, and now whenever I try to copy music to my mp3 player, it doesn't copy. The error message says something like "Unable to write" or something or other, so I need a little help figuring out exactly what to do to fix this.

Thanks in advance
Favorite bands at the moment:
1. Tool
2. Porcupine Tree
3. Between the Buried and Me
4. Queens of the Stone Age
5. Soundgarden
6. Pearl Jam
7. Buckethead
8. Green Day
are you tryig to copy i to the right place? is the mp3 compatible with the file type your trying to copy? and is there a chance your music is corrupt?
xbox live gamertag: phillips215
I'm sure the music isn't corrupt. I don't download from limewire, or download at all for that matter. It's all from cd's I recently bought. I just put it into windows media player, plug my mp3 player into the USB jack, let it read and sync and all that, and then when I go to copy music it changes the file from... whatever kind of file it was to an mp3, as it usually does. THEN, when it goes to actually copy the music onto the mp3 player, it gives me the error message. I'm sorry I didn't say that earlier, I should have. I'm not doing anything I've never done before, but this just started after I got my computer fixed, so is it maybe that my windows media player doesn't support the brand of mp3 player anymore?
1. Tool
2. Porcupine Tree
5. Soundgarden
6. Pearl Jam
7. Buckethead
8. Green Day
well you could save the files to your computer and copy them over or try the drag and drop approach...
xbox live gamertag: phillips215
There was no software that came with it, it's pretty much a flash drive with a headphone jack. Anyway, I just tried to copy a song (Siva from The Smashing Pumpkins greatest hits cd... in case anyone was interested...) and it said in the error details "The Directory or File could not be created." So... I'm thinking it's having issues converting to mp3.

Drag and drop won't work either, apparently.
1. Tool
2. Porcupine Tree
5. Soundgarden
6. Pearl Jam
7. Buckethead
8. Green Day