Hey. Made a thread a little while back about getting a new guitar but that issue still hasn't been resolved.
This would be my second guitar, but the first one that I've personally bought. And I wanna make it count. It certainly seems like there's a lot of people here who know what they're talking about, so it seems like a good place to get answers.
Here's a bit of info, not sure if it helps but let's give it a shot.
At the moment, I'm playing a seafoam Squier Bullet. Sexy ol' thing. I've been playing for a few months now, don't recall how long exactly. Not a very long time, I know that and I feel like I'm progressing very well. I know I got my guitar in january, but I know I didn't get serious until sometime later. Currently I know about 4 songs, and can play them all pretty well. I mostly play metal/rock, and I'm looking for a guitar that can play those really well. I guess that's about all the info I have.
Anyway, the two guitars I'm looking at are both Epiphones. The Epiphone Goth Explorer and Goth Les Paul. Both fairly cheap and within my price range. Preferably, I'd like to end up with the Explorer. But I could lean back on the Les Paul if necessary. All I want to know, is if anyone (preferably someone who has experience with one of these guitars) can tell me how well they play, feel, hold up, all that jazz. I'm gonna take a ride and test the guitar out as soon as I can, though so don't worry about that. Also, if anyone can tell me what the necks are like, I'd appreciate that as well. My current guitar's neck is too small for my hand and makes it cramp like a bitch during certain riffs. I wanna get this right the first time, and end up with a guitar I like. Thanks again for any help, I appreciate it.

The Epiphone Goth Les Paul:
http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=0&TempID=1&DepartmentID=1&STRID=171621&CategorySubID=681&CategoryID=681&BrandID=1343&CategorySubPriceRangeID=0&pagesize=10&SortMethod=3&Method=3&PriceRangeID=0&SearchPhrase=&Contains=&Search_Type=Department&GroupCode=&categorysubsearch=true

The Epiphone Goth Explorer:
http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=2&TempID=3&DepartmentID=1&STRID=173721&CategorySubID=681&CategoryID=681&BrandID=1343&CategorySubPriceRangeID=0&pagesize=10&SortMethod=3&Method=3&PriceRangeID=0&SearchPhrase=&Contains=&Search_Type=Department&GroupCode=&categorysubsearch=true
I like the Epiphone G-400. (It comes in a goth version too, that seems to be what your looking at) The neck is fast, but the pickups aren't the greatest, but that can easily be fixed for about $150, you can get some Seymour Duncan Invaders and install them.
explorer
no questiuons asked

i hate you right handed people

u can find such awesome guitars at cheap ass prices all over the place

btw ur links are all messed up
im buying an Epiphone LP Studio, tried it in a guitar sshop, i liked it quite a bit. LPs have a pretty thick necks, and are generaly pretty heavy guitars. You should also check out the rewievs on UG.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
1. knowing 4 songs and playing for a few months isn't "serious". you haven't been playing long enough to lose interest yet.
2. you don't need a new guitar.
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
The goths are alright. They just came out with a new line, the prophesy or something like that. Those look promising.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Quote by Baarmy_Sheep
1. knowing 4 songs and playing for a few months isn't "serious". you haven't been playing long enough to lose interest yet.
2. you don't need a new guitar.

agreed you cant "get serious" in like 6 months
Don't bother with the Goth LP. It's just a regular Studio underneath the special looks, i.e. it blows.

The other 'goths' though, the Explorer and G-400, are as decent as other Standard-level guitars.

Pretty pointless anyway though. If you've only been playing a few months and only know a handful of songs, chances are getting a new guitar won't do much for you. If you're trying to alter your tone, a new amp will make more difference than a new guitar anyway.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
wait maybe a year or so, or until you make a big breakthrough in your playing and really step up to the next level. it will give you time to learn a bit more about the actual guitar and what you really want from it.
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
well, I now I'm gonna be into guitar for a long time. And aside from wanting a new guitar, it's partyl a matter of need as well, as my current one is in pretty bad condition.
well if you insist that you are going to be playing awhile, get a nicer guitar than what you THINK you can afford. Check out Schecters. Any Schecter over $300 is damn nice. Just don't limit yourself. If you want a nice guitar, accept the fact that you are going to be paying some money. The stupidest thing you can do is make tiny upgrades. I always recommend starting with a crap guitar (like the one you have ) and then moving to a guitar of a higher quality which are usually around the $500-$700 range. After you have been playing long enough, buy a high end guitar. A guitar that can be your main axe for the rest of your life if you wanted it to. So save up. Buy a nice guitar.
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic