hey guys, i could use your help for a minute or two here with Cream's White Room, i could be wrong but from what i know of how to figuring out the key of a song (you take the notes from the chords in the song then find a scale containing those notes) i may be wrong even on how to figure out the key of a song but if thats true then White Room contains all 7 musical notes in it, and has thusly sent me for a bit of a loop cause i dont know what key White Room is in
Gear

- Epiphone Les Paul
- SX Strat (w/ Fender Vintage Noisless Pickups, TBX Control, and an active circuit board for +25dB mid boost)
- Marshall DSL40C
haha i suppose your right...brain fart? lol
Gear

- Epiphone Les Paul
- SX Strat (w/ Fender Vintage Noisless Pickups, TBX Control, and an active circuit board for +25dB mid boost)
- Marshall DSL40C
Quote by Led Head
hey guys, i could use your help for a minute or two here with Cream's White Room, i could be wrong but from what i know of how to figuring out the key of a song (you take the notes from the chords in the song then find a scale containing those notes) i may be wrong even on how to figure out the key of a song but if thats true then White Room contains all 7 musical notes in it, and has thusly sent me for a bit of a loop cause i dont know what key White Room is in

Well I believe he solos in D pentatonic minor, but the actual riff doesnt fit in 1 key exactly.

The 1st 3 chords (D - Cadd9 - G/B) are from G major, then the Bb - C is from D minor.

I think Clapton was just thinking "a riff in D".... and used the D minor pentatonic.
shred is gaudy music
Quote by GuitarMunky
Well I believe he solos in D pentatonic minor, but the actual riff doesnt fit in 1 key exactly.

The 1st 3 chords (D - Cadd9 - G/B) are from G major, then the Bb - C is from D minor.

I think Clapton was just thinking "a riff in D".... and used the D minor pentatonic.

I believe all of that is correct...
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband