So my guitarist friend came over a while ago(im bassist) and I had a real hankering to play guitar.I played his for a while and we started a song.Now I really want to get a guitar and Ive played this Axl guitar in a music store for somewhere around 200 dollars.The look of the guitar was really old and worn, but it was supposed to look loke that.When I played it i loved It and I want your oppinions on this guitar.Meethinks it was backwater series or something of the sort.

Edit : badwater series
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Last edited by c3powil at Jul 16, 2008,
for that price i'd say it was a second hand guitar. Bad water series though haven't got the best of reps. But yeh they sound pretty slick when you have the right setup. If you liked it and want to get it, nothin stoppin ya. However AXL can go wrong a fair bit. Hear that the pickups burn out easily, and the bridge starts to rust (somehow) etc. So ask about its history or if its brand new. Shouldn't be any probs by the sound of it.
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=
I'd say no to the AXL. Save up a bit more and get a half-decent Ibanez, or go to Rondomusic.com and get an Agile.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
What kind of ibanez?
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
RG321/RG7321 (the seven denotes a seven string), or something similar.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
dude since this is ur 1 guitar i would stay away from soft tail guitars (tremolo) I.E. the ibanez assuming its a soft. but u could get like a ESP and for $200-300 you'll get more bang for ur buck then with the AXL IMO
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by sandman-105
dude since this is ur 1 guitar i would stay away from soft tail guitars (tremolo) I.E. the ibanez assuming its a soft. but u could get like a ESP and for $200-300 you'll get more bang for ur buck then with the AXL IMO

The mentioned Ibanez guitars are both hardtails with Ibanez, the '1' at the end indicates a hardtail bridge (as in RG321, RGA121, PGM301, etc.). I wouldn't go for the RG7321; it's a nice guitar, but a seven string might not be the best choice for a beginner.

The RG321 on the other hand is an excellent choice, but more expensive than the AXL (roughly 280$). Alternatively, you could try the Ibanez RG2EX1 (300$) or the Yamaha Pacifica 112 (200$).

As for the ESP suggestion, the general consensus on ESP LTDs is that you should go for the 400 or above series, which start at around 600$ (which is way over budget).

As an off topic note, while non-tremolo bridges are often called hardtails, I can't remember anyone calling a tremolo bridge a soft tail...
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Jul 17, 2008,
Quote by Bonsaischaap
The mentioned Ibanez guitars are both hardtails with Ibanez, the '1' at the end indicates a hardtail bridge (as in RG321, RGA121, PGM301, etc.). I wouldn't go for the RG7321; it's a nice guitar, but a seven string might not be the best choice for a beginner.

The RG321 on the other hand is an excellent choice, but more expensive than the AXL (roughly 280$). Alternatively, you could try the Ibanez RG2EX1 (300$) or the Yamaha Pacifica 112 (200$).

As for the ESP suggestion, the general consensus on ESP LTDs is that you should go for the 400 or above series, which start at around 600$ (which is way over budget).

As an off topic note, while non-tremolo bridges are often called hardtails, I can't remember anyone calling a tremolo bridge a soft tail...

True.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by Bonsaischaap
The mentioned Ibanez guitars are both hardtails with Ibanez, the '1' at the end indicates a hardtail bridge (as in RG321, RGA121, PGM301, etc.). As an off topic note, while non-tremolo bridges are often called hardtails, I can't remember anyone calling a tremolo bridge a soft tail...

ok first yeah i guess ur right about the ibanez 1 thing but i'm not a big fan of ibanez so i dont care. second me and all my friends refer to guitars with trems as soft tails and i though that was a common thing to do since even dudes at local GC call em that but whatever my bad.
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by sandman-105
second me and all my friends refer to guitars with trems as soft tails and i though that was a common thing to do since even dudes at local GC call em that but whatever my bad.

I didn't say it was wrong, I've just never heard it before
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Bonsaischaap
I didn't say it was wrong, I've just never heard it before

i didn't say that u said it was wrong (......yeah......... i think lol ) i said my bad cause i.... actually i dunno y i said that lol
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS