I have my first ever job interview on Friday, for Burger King. I'm not really nervous now but I'm sure Friday I'll be shitting my pants all morning. Anyways, this interview will be (probably) be in French, and those who have seen some of my past threads will know that my French isn't that great. Anyways, I need some advice. What do I tell them when they ask, "So tell me about yourself", and what should I answer if they ask how much I'd like to make, because there wasn't anything specified in the application forum. And finally, I would prefer to work nights, would it be too early to hint at that?
I'm admitting this on a public website *tales deep breath* my girlfriend just got a job there and you don't really have to do anything, they're not exactly looking for talent and you don't have to say much, I'm sure your French will suffice. You get a free drink, too.
about the nights part, theyd probably love it if you said you could work nights. i dont know about in france or wherever you are, but in america (**** yeah!) the night shift workers are pretty much the losers with nothing better to do than work at burger king over night, and theyre not too common.
Quote by Thornography
I have my first ever job interview on Friday, for Burger King. I'm not really nervous now but I'm sure Friday I'll be shitting my pants all morning. Anyways, this interview will be (probably) be in French, and those who have seen some of my past threads will know that my French isn't that great. Anyways, I need some advice. What do I tell them when they ask, "So tell me about yourself", and what should I answer if they ask how much I'd like to make, because there wasn't anything specified in the application forum. And finally, I would prefer to work nights, would it be too early to hint at that?

This part is a bad idea right before an interview.
Smack the interviewer across the face and crap on their desk.

It'll show that you're a go-getter.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
tell them your qualities when they ask to talk about yourself

such as patience, enthusiasm, that your outgoing, etc...

thats what i did and i got hired at dairy queen
Quote by assparade69
about the nights part, theyd probably love it if you said you could work nights. i dont know about in france or wherever you are, but in america (**** yeah!) the night shift workers are pretty much the losers with nothing better to do than work at burger king over night, and theyre not too common.

Thanks.

I'll probably hint at it, depending on how well the interview is going.

If they ask, "so tell me about yourself", should I say something like, "McDonalds sucks" (obviously not that), or something that? Just something that make it seem like I'd like to work here or should I avoid sucking up?
Quote by Thornography

Assuming your in Canada if you haven't worked 500 hours places can pay you $6 an hour. When you get 500 hours you should ask to be paid $8.
it's ****in burger king. i work at mcdonalds, and in my interview all she did was review my application and hours and **** and then they give you an orientation date and say you're hired.
Quote by White-Chocolate
Assuming your in Canada if you haven't worked 500 hours places can pay you $6 an hour. When you get 500 hours you should ask to be paid $8.

But that's under minimum wage..? Are you sure?
they'll just be making sure you're not braindead - i.e. capable of operating a microwave.

no offence, but it's not as if you're running for ceo of microsoft or something. chill.
Good luck mate.
Just try to keep calm, and act confident and willing throughout the entire interview.
Quote by assparade69

Never heard of a place called Canada?
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
Quote by Thornography
But that's under minimum wage..? Are you sure?

I'm sure, but it's only if you haven't worked 500 hours. If you have worked 500 hours nobody can pay you under $8 an hour.