ok so im lookin at the Les Paul but, and this is annoying the hell out of me, i cant figure out which LP is the Standard. I was lookin at the GC website and at the Classic and some Dude said it was cheaper $ wise so i looked at all the Gibson LP's and i couldn't find a standard one I.E. like how Epipi has The LP standard so is there a Standard model?

thanks
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Gibson DOES have a "Standard" LP model...
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
ok but does GC sell em?
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
I'm pretty sure the Les Paul Standard is the standard model.

The name is a bit deceiving though. I've made the same mistake myself.

Quote by BrickIsRed
... have a look.

i've been lookin douche bag but im wondering if the true standard is the 2008 standard thingy or if theres a plain "Les Paul Standard" or if its just the 2008 standard
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Hmm... TS has a point there.
All I can find on MF and the GC site are customized models of the Standard.

50's neck, faded 50's neck, 60's neck, 70's neck, no neck (wait WTF?!)...

The best result seemed to be Standard + Top.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Quote by firebreath07
Hmm... TS has a point there.
All I can find on MF and the GC site are customized models of the Standard.

50's neck, faded 50's neck, 60's neck, 70's neck, no neck (wait WTF?!)...

The best result seemed to be Standard + Top.

THNAK YOU MAN finally man some one who gets what i mean yeah like he said there is know actual Gibson Les Paul Standard were i would buy it and HELL no im not gonna buy a 2 grand guitar online so i wanna know if theres one at GC
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
yes of course guitar center carries their main stream guitar in stock. they should be close to the counter, where the staff have eyes on them.
Use some common sense.

The 60's neck, 50's neck, etc varients are just easy ways of letting you order exactly which option you want. The 'Standard' can have either neck profile and a variety of finishes and other options. If they only listed the one 'Standard' page then when ordering there would have to be a ton of other option menus that could get confusing, or you might miss and end up with something you don't want. So instead of listing 'Standard' and then you have to order that and then tell them which neck you want with which finish, instead they order all the options out ready for you.

Incidently, the 'Classic' and 'Classic antique' are exactly the same as the Standard too, again, it's just different names for different finish/neck/pickup combinations.

General rule of thumb, it's:
Studio - also includes Vintage Mahogany, Faded, Robot, GT, BFG, etc. Basically all of the 'stripped down' models.
Standard - also includes Standard Plus, Classic, Classic Antique, Standard Faded (notice the specific inclusion of the word Standard there; there is also the just 'Faded', which is a lower model) and Traditional.
Custom - also includes Classic Custom, Supreme
Limited Editions - use your head for these. Generally these are around the Standard quality.
Custom Shop - none of you will ever afford one of these
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Use some common sense.

The 60's neck, 50's neck, etc varients are just easy ways of letting you order exactly which option you want. The 'Standard' can have either neck profile and a variety of finishes and other options. If they only listed the one 'Standard' page then when ordering there would have to be a ton of other option menus that could get confusing, or you might miss and end up with something you don't want. So instead of listing 'Standard' and then you have to order that and then tell them which neck you want with which finish, instead they order all the options out ready for you.

Incidently, the 'Classic' and 'Classic antique' are exactly the same as the Standard too, again, it's just different names for different finish/neck/pickup combinations.

General rule of thumb, it's:
Studio - also includes Vintage Mahogany, Faded, Robot, GT, BFG, etc. Basically all of the 'stripped down' models.
Standard - also includes Standard Plus, Classic, Classic Antique, Standard Faded (notice the specific inclusion of the word Standard there; there is also the just 'Faded', which is a lower model) and Traditional.
Custom - also includes Classic Custom, Supreme
Limited Editions - use your head for these. Generally these are around the Standard quality.

this post alone should be sticky.
Quote by MrFlibble

...but this won't stop a few of us from buying them anyway.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
dude i started this thread like a month or 2 ago
lol
y was this dug up
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Well, the new Standard isn't worth the money. The new wiring and pots makes it so the volume and tone only work between 2 close numbers. Some guy on the Gibson forums bought one and returned it.

Seriously, get an LP traditional instead. Those are great!
Yeah this is exactly what I thought the first time I was looking at Gibson Les Pauls on GC. My old guitar teacher has a Gibson Les Paul Standard with the non-flame finish, it was a 1998 model. Then I asked him why I couldn't find that kind of LP. I guess all the USA Standards now have to come in Flametops. Then I remember saying that there were only 60's and 50's necked Standards, no standard standard, if you get what I mean.

I mean I like Flametops, but it has to be a certain kind.