I've been playing for three and a half years and I can't feel myself getting any better at the guitar. All the songs I play are relatively easy its just recently I have no songs to learn that are easy enough for me to play but challenging enough to take me a little while to learn. I do learn the odd riff of something but I am really stuck on where to go next. I feel like i've hit a wall but i'm not accepting it I want to get better so can someone give me some advice on what to do?

Thanks,

-James
i am right there now and what i am trying to do is change up my style( jame h. type riffs) to somthing more bles and classical and progressive and i am having good results, also try listening to differtent types to music. hope this helps
i think you should just try to learn the really hard ones. then you'll reach a whole new level of playing
Quote by Rockstar112
i think you should just try to learn the really hard ones. then you'll reach a whole new level of playing

what are these really hard ones?
鋼の錬金術師
Thank you for that test. Taking it has helped a lot but I don't know what songs I could learn. If there is a song I want to play, i practice it for days and can't ever seem to get any faster at all.
Quote by jdmarsh2005
Thank you for that test. Taking it has helped a lot but I don't know what songs I could learn. If there is a song I want to play, i practice it for days and can't ever seem to get any faster at all.

Get a technique used in these songs, and search for online/Youtube lessons regarding that technique.

That's what I do, helps me get up to speed etc.
The song I tried to learn was just picking 8 notes but quite fast and i just played it over and over and over for hours and I really didn't get any better at all...
Branch out and start learning different genres?
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
It'd help if you told us the kind of stuff you're learning at the moment that you find easy. It's quite possible someone here will know of a song to bridge the gap.
sig goes here
Yeah I've been practicing with a metronome and I keep playing it round and round and try to get a little faster each time. It is the riff in wizards in winter by TSO its difficult to miss. I just really don't see any improvement at all...
the more you stress about it, the less improvement you will get, gauranteed. just chill out for a while man, play something **** easy to relax, then just play your hard riffs uber slow until they are second nature
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^