FAILURE

Failure was an influential American rock band (often also classified as alternative rock and/or space rock) that was active from 1990 to 1997, during which they recorded and released three critically-acclaimed albums. They are often compared to other hard rock bands from that time that were similarly labeled as "alternative", such as Nirvana, Soundgarden, or Bush, but are distinguished by their meticulous attention to textural sonic detail, inventive use of guitar effects and signal processing, and the overall expansive sound design of their later albums. Although mainstream success narrowly eluded them, they still have many dedicated fans, many of whom are fellow musicians and peers within the music industry.

I love this band. There music sounds a lot like grunge and Ken Andrews has worked with a lot of recenet mainsteam bands.
I've never heard of them. Are they similar to most post-grunge bands like Bush and Alter Bridge bands or do they have more of an own sound?

Edit: Found Another Space Song on YouTube. I like it. Was this ever a single? Because it definitely sound like something I've heard before.
Last edited by frankv at Jul 17, 2008,
interesting, i'm going to have to try to find some of thier stuff.
Cream fan club member #11.
OH SNAP I have all there albums on my IPOD they are such a sick band, they were like ALMOST mainstream but just never broke through now there kinda of a cult band. So sick SPACE ROCK!
I don't have any Failure but I do like Troy van Leeuwen and they were pretty loved by the critics. Which is the best album to start with?
Fantastic Planet is a Masterpiece IMO if you just want to jump into them full force. But Magnified is very very good.
Quote by frankv
I've never heard of them. Are they similar to most post-grunge bands like Bush and Alter Bridge bands or do they have more of an own sound?

Edit: Found Another Space Song on YouTube. I like it. Was this ever a single? Because it definitely sound like something I've heard before.

They definitely don't sound like Alter Bridge bands. Another Space Song wasn't realised as a single, i believe. Check out 'Stuck on you', 'Saturday Saviour' and 'Pitiful' for singles from the band.

Quote by smb
I don't have any Failure but I do like Troy van Leeuwen and they were pretty loved by the critics. Which is the best album to start with?

Only got Fantastic Planet, but it is great.
It's gonna be a blue day