a multi channel amp. Iwas wondering if I bought a multi fx pedal like the digitech 250/350 would they simulate a multi channel amp. where i would be able to go from clean to gain to another effect just by hitting one of the pedals on the unit. I'm new to this and dont quite understand how they work
Get an overdrive pedal. With the OD pedal off, you'll have a clean sound, turn it on, you'll have dirty sound. Just like having a clean channel and an OD channel
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
Quote by chris6666
a multi channel amp. Iwas wondering if I bought a multi fx pedal like the digitech 250/350 would they simulate a multi channel amp. where i would be able to go from clean to gain to another effect just by hitting one of the pedals on the unit. I'm new to this and dont quite understand how they work

Which amp is it?
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
Which amp is it?

MiA crate v1512 no effect loop, just one input
Distortion pedal, OD pedal (if you just want a slightly dirty sound), multi-FX pedal, or the cheapest option of them all, your volume pot.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
If you want to make it into a real multi-channel amp, then you will have to have the shcematic, some relayes (or switch; I still have to figure that out myself), a soldergun, and tube electronics knowledge.

But unless you are an absolute tube freak, I find that even just placing a Metal Muff in front of my Blues Junior is enough to turn it into a High Gain Marshall (True, I mod it, but still only one channel). With proper volume setting, Metal Muff can turn your one channel amp into a multi channel amp.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
Set the single channel (balance vol & master to your setting) for a clean tone that is slightly broken up with hard strumming, then set up an OD pedal with maximum level boost and no gain boost. Then stomp on the pedal when you want your OD.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
guessing by his join date... and the question, im guessing he just wants a distortion sound. if you play anything that requires more gain than hard rock, a distortion pedal will probably be the only thing to get you there...

An od pedal can usually get a nice hard rock sound, depending on the pedal, but most people who use overdrive for metal level gain, usually puts it on the dirty channel and uses the pedal to push the amp to metal...

but if your amp is only a clean one, then depending on your music preferences it might change which one you need
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
I have a gain, treble, mid, bass, level, and reverb knobs on the amp. So if I leave the gain set low and use the controls on the od pedal. I could bypass the pedal for a clean sound and engage the pedal when I want distortion.