Page 1 of 2
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person that has experienced this, but..

Doesn't anyone ever get that feel that everything turns dark slowly and it kinda feels like you're going to faint and it takes a few secs to get back to normal?

It sometimes happens either when I stand up after laying down or just randomly.

Anyone??
it's called headrush.
not enough blood going to your brain.
Gear:
.Fender Classic Series '70s Stratocaster
.Peavey Classic 30
.Xotic BB Preamp
.MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
.Vox V847A Wah
.Boss RC-2 Loop Station
.Washburn WI-24 (first guitar )
It happens to the best of people, even me.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
I have it too. My mom says I should see a doctor. I usually get really lightheaded and depending on the severeness, I also sometimes get blindness for a few seconds. That sucks.
that happens to me sometimes when im just staring out into space...
everything slowly gets dark
but when i blink it goes away...
Ah that's a relief that it isn't just me. I really should see a doctor.
It can happen to me when i get up too fast. Everything goes a little blurry and i get a bit dizzy for about 2 seconds
Quote by RyanDV
it's called headrush.
not enough blood going to your brain.

That's exactly it.
You heart doesn't have to pump as hard when you're sitting/lying down because less gravity is acting on the blood in your upper body and blood has a slightly easier way of getting back up to your heart.

When you stand up, blood rushes from your head to your toes because of gravity and it doesn't come back up for a while because your heart needs to rev back up. Your brain becomes oxygen-deprived for a short while as a result.

EDIT:
Quote by esp1234
Ah that's a relief that it isn't just me. I really should see a doctor.

You really shouldn't see a doctor... headrushes are completely normal bodily funtions. It would be a waste of your time and money.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Lol I do it for fun. It's a pretty awesome feeling.

I've actually passed out doing it though, one time, I stood up getting out of the bathtub and fainted, fell over the side into a glass vase.

So my parents ran up to see what the crash was, and found me lying naked, bleeding, in a pile of broken glass.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
U don't have to worry too much, its when blood doesnt reach ur brain fast enough when u get up too quick. just hold on to something or keep still when u get it. I was in a motel once and I got up too quick from the bed, then I all of a sudden fainted. It felt like I just woke up and I was in a million pieces.

If it happens everytime u get up, then u have a problem.
Quote by //ANDREW\\

+1
wham, bam, thank you ma'am!
yup when i get up
Quote by RyanGillam
You got to admire people that share their problems over the internet.

Quote by Våd Hamster
....You need a girlfriend whose name doesn't end in .jpg >_>
Quote by //ANDREW\\

I think thats just zoning out.

Hes talkin about when you stand up and get really dizzy and light headed.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
OMG that happened to me and i had a seizure, i got out of the hot tub at the local swimming ppool got the headrush like normal so i kept walking but then it didnt go away so i started wandering got dizzy started shaking while standing up the lifeguard grabbed me and then like 2 minutes later i was back to normal with only a vague understanding of what happened, it was because i hadn't eaten much so i didnt have enough sugars in me and it caused me to near faint, and have seizure like happening
Quote by andy_thomas
Were you by any chance, exposing your scrotum to an open flame?
It happened to me for the very first time a couple weeks ago and I had no idea what was going on I went blind and fell to the floor for about 30 seconds I thought I was gonna pass out but then I got up and it went away. It scared the **** out of me though! Try not to lay down when you're watching tv.
Quote by jxmxaxn
I think thats just zoning out.

Hes talkin about when you stand up and get really dizzy and light headed.

no
i also get very dizzy after this
and feel kinda sick in the stomach....
It happens to me all the time now, it only started recently, like I'll be sitting and watching TV and then the advert break comes on and I'll stand up and my vision darkens and blurs, so I know what you're on about.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I had one maybe an hour ago. I was sitting at my computer for a few hours and I got up to get some water when I got completely numb and lightheaded. It was some freaky stuff. I went blind for a few seconds and ran into my couch.
that usually happens to me multiple times a day.. apparently it's called head rush according to everyone else here
Quote by Nakon14

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Crate GTD65
Vox DA5
I stood up yesterday really fast from lying down and i totally blacked out
I need to stop smoking
ohai little sig.
That happened to me just like half an hour ago, except I stretched when I got up. I lost all feeling and my sight was gone for a few minutes. Next thing I know, I'm on the floor and my ear has a mild wound.
I do that often, stand up, then before I know it I wake up slumped on the floor, sofa, my bed, wherever. It's a mini adventure!

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Wow. I'm actually extremely comforted by this thread. I'm not the only one.
Yea i get these all the time. One time though i thought i was gonna faint it was scary i couldn't see or anything.
Quote by StevoIRL
Hetfield what a man bit of belly but still what a man

Gear

Gibson Slash Signature LP
B-52 AT-112 60 watt
Digitech Rp90
I don't get the vision stuff, but my head caves in as if I've been given very strong painkillers. It's more like those flashbangs that cause sensory deprivation, my hearing drops out for a sec and I lose balance momentarily. But I often get a delay, for instance I'd be in the lounge then get up and walk into the kitchen and *WHAM* I go head first into the oven door.
Quote by LgLagro
You, you bring us both corm, and two hot russian gymnasts pretty much making out, you are a legend.

Limping Head Journalist and Proprietor of PitTown Cricket Club.

Keeping quiet about scandals since 2008.
It used to happen to me alot, i even fainted some times for a few secs.
One thing that prevents this, is : get up slowly, if your laying down, sit down first then go.
Another thing is maybe you dont have much energy, so eat a cookie :P:
And its kinda weird when it happens, i cant see for about 10 secs, i cant hear nor feel if i touch something, nothing, its just like everything switches off, i usually grab myself onto something when i feel it coming, and often find myself on the ground, just if you feel it coming, lay down or something, you could seriously fall down and hit your head hard.

Im giving advices to the pit, what has this world gone to :P:
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Last edited by Popsai at Jul 16, 2008,
That happens to me a lot, i usually just grab on to something until the lights come back on. On a couple of occasions i fall down though, i fell on the tile in my bathroom and smacked my head, it kinda hurt. Also happened when i was sick and i woke up covered in vomit, no alcohol was consumed either.
yeah a rush of blood to the head man. I have actually fainted from it once. I got up really quickly and just passed out. biatch!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

God, what is with people thinking that this is some amazing phenomenon?

Its quite simple. You got lightheaded. You're laying down, you're relaxed, your blood pressure is low, and when you stand up, all the blood rushes from your head and you lose oxegen in your brain. It is the exact same effect that you experience when smoking tobacco.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
I actually had an episode of this where I was coughing so hard that I passed out and fell down right in front of my friends.I was only out for a few seconds,but I thought I should get it checked out.I went to the doctor and he said it was a case of "vasovagel",which happens often,and can happen when you suddenly stand up as well.He said it was very common and nothing to worry about.
One time I passed out from a combination of a headrush and a lack of sugar in my diet.

It was awesome. Felt like I was riding on a roller coaster surrounded by vivid colors.

Kinda sucked having a knot on my head though. But totally worth it.
I never knew until now that anyone else got this either! Now i know the name too.

I've fainted once, and it's basically a headrush times 10. Then you come to and you're lying on the ground. Faintings not good now, felt sick for days after i did.

Anywho... no need to see a doctor i think, its normal.

AND SO I WATCH YOU FROM AFAR

Quote by firebreath07
That's exactly it.
You heart doesn't have to pump as hard when you're sitting/lying down because less gravity is acting on the blood in your upper body and blood has a slightly easier way of getting back up to your heart.

When you stand up, blood rushes from your head to your toes because of gravity and it doesn't come back up for a while because your heart needs to rev back up. Your brain becomes oxygen-deprived for a short while as a result.

EDIT:

You really shouldn't see a doctor... headrushes are completely normal bodily funtions. It would be a waste of your time and money.

Listen to this guy.
Never happened to me, I had this thing where I sneezed and held my nose I do it all the time but this time it was almost like instead of being blocked off the sneeze went off inside my head and then I felt dizzy and it kept getting worse until I felt like I was going to pass out, I could barely focus my eyes and I was struggling to stand and then it cleared up and I felt fine.
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
i acually fainted from that once
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Yeah its pretty crazy kinda freaks you out the first time it happens...
XBL GT: WILDWAYNE001
add me if you wish...
Page 1 of 2