Hey guys, im currently looking to buy a new amp. So far, my choices are a 78' twin reverb in fairly good shape, for 750, or a brand new kustom defender for 470. Im not gigging yet but i plan to start within a year. I play mostly blues, rock, and reggae. Thanks guys!
Twin reverb all the way, you'll need a drive pedal for blues and rock, but the tone is sweet/
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by lespaul#1
Twin reverb all the way, you'll need a drive pedal for blues and rock, but the tone is sweet/

+1

Twin reverbs are some of the best amps I've ever played. The cleans are incredible, and throw a nice OD in front of it and you'll have everything you need.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
I know this because people told me this countless times when I asked about it, I'm attempting to buy one, myself.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
thanks alot. Its always nice to get opinions other then from the seller. Also, im about to purchase a 60s reverse headstock strat made in mexico. Anyone ever had any experiences with these beauties?
No, but they look nice.
Quote by chip46
Go with the twin, definitely, $750 is a fantastic deal. Besides, it's a much better amp and those things get loud as all hell, 85 watts of pure tube *drool*
Good music is good music...everything else can go to hell

Gear:
Gibson LP Studio
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Avatar G212H (1xG12H30 1xAlnico Gold)
TS-9 Screamer
Boss Tu-2
Line6 X2-XDS Plus

The Band
lol ya so ive heard. Ya ill go with the twin reverb. Stoked cause im getting it today! And im getting the reverse headstock strat to but i dont know about the 69' custom pickups. Should i replace them? If so, what are some good blues pickups, like Hendrix style? Thanks!
69' customs are damn good pickups, but I can't really think of anything to recommend because I don't use single coils.
Good music is good music...everything else can go to hell

Gear:
Gibson LP Studio
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Avatar G212H (1xG12H30 1xAlnico Gold)
TS-9 Screamer
Boss Tu-2
Line6 X2-XDS Plus

The Band
Quote by harlanking
lol ya so ive heard. Ya ill go with the twin reverb. Stoked cause im getting it today! And im getting the reverse headstock strat to but i dont know about the 69' custom pickups. Should i replace them? If so, what are some good blues pickups, like Hendrix style? Thanks!

Those are very nice pickups, I'd keep them.

Pics and clips of the Twin!
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband