I'm in a bit of a bind.

My father wants me to play for 200-300 people at a tractor show. main ages about 60-75. I've got the equipment down, good 150 watt Marshall head and a 2X12...

But, i have no experience with country. I figured that they would go for a rendition, albeit cleaner, of Hendrix's Star Spangled Banner. But, what would i follow with?

My music that I usually play is along the lines of Slayer to 80's Metal to... Guns and Roses to Norma Jean, to Rage Against the Machine... You get the idea. I don't think they'd go for that...

But, this all seems not to be to huge of a problem, until these two things come up:

1: I am alone. NO Rhythm guitar, NO Drummer, NO bassist, NO vocalist. I'll be alone, and i really can't sing...

2: It's this weekend. I need for them to be kinda easy, so i could learn them quick.

UG, What am I to do? I also know a little of Shinedown's clean stuff... that might work?

I'm pissed that my dad says I can't play anything. well, without ANYONE ELSE, that's about right.

Am I screwed?
Freebird!

You'd have to skip the solo probably but it'd still go down well, just let the audience sing it...as will anything by Johnny Cash, you don't really need to be able to sing for his stuff, just talk!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
That's pretty rough.

For solo guitar stuff, try searching youtube for "country solo guitar arrangment". I've found some neat stuff looking around at the various arrangements people have come up with.

As for suggestions, Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson have some songs that aren't too tough to learn. Since you already play Shinedown, how about their version of Simple Man? AFAIK it's done with just vocals and an acoustic. Try stuff the crowd will likely know, and encourage them to do the vocals. Get em engaged, like "I'm sorry but we don't have a vocalist here, so if you know the words, sing em loud!". Crowd participation never hurts!
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
yea, i just need to get some timing down with simple man... it seems i have a hard time with it. i'll play it at speed, and after the first chorus, i tend to slow it down...

Any other suggestions?
Right Where I Need To Be - Gary Allen

Country classic that's fairly easy and you can just improv the fills if you feel like it. The song was recorded in Eb.
ya country is mostly singing, so the guitar parts are easy
i would try johnny cash, especially "ring of fire",
its easy to play, easy to sing, easy to get the crowd singing
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
i would also suggest Johnny Cash, play some willie and waylon and whatnot also. its best to be a wee bit drunk when you do it. trust me, im not a doctor, but i play one on tv.

and garth. Garth Brooks has to be the greatest entertainer EVER. (imo). you play his stuff, at least the people will probably know what youre playing.

gary allen also has some pretty nice songs. "Songs About Rain" is good, same with "nothing on but the radio".

look for hank williams though. for a crowd of people aged 65-70, id go with Hank Williams SR. "You're Cheatin Heart" is nice.
Dont be worried about your singing, once you start to, it will just come, and you'll do fine. You probably wont be the next freddy mercury, but whatever.

speaking of mercury's, alan jackson is good to.

hope that helped.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
Quote by no1flyhalf
speaking of mercury's, alan jackson is good to.

Zing!

Nice one. I lol'd
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Quote by no1flyhalf
...look for hank williams though. for a crowd of people aged 65-70, id go with Hank Williams SR. "You're Cheatin Heart" is nice.
Dont be worried about your singing, once you start to, it will just come, and you'll do fine. You probably wont be the next freddy mercury, but whatever.

well, i just learned his song "A Country Boy Can Survive"... i think it's work.

But MAJOR ISSUE!!!

Will a 25 Watt Epiphone 10" Combo amp put out for this?

My dad just said the marshall's to big to take!!
Quote by Ralph Napier
well, i just learned his song "A Country Boy Can Survive"... i think it's work.

But MAJOR ISSUE!!!

Will a 25 Watt Epiphone 10" Combo amp put out for this?

My dad just said the marshall's to big to take!!

You will probably need to mic it up.
Quote by Ze_Metal
You will probably need to mic it up.

Um... that's really not possible. first, there is no PA system at all. this is about 200 yards from the nearest outlet... it'll be powered by a bunch of 100 foot extension cords daisy chained together from that house.

To better describe the setting, a flat track with the majority of the audience on the "East" side. i'll be standing on the "West" side facing the "East".

The entire area is open-air, bleachers on the east.
Erm, with a 25 watt combo, unless it's tube nobody will hear you unless they put their heads right at the speaker.

Even if it's a tube, you're still gonna be hard pressed to get volume out of 50 watts, especially in an outdoor environment with no PA
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Well, the epiphone 25R "Slingshot" was a somewhat rare amp. it was built just for guitar center, for a short number of years. you almost can't get information on them, but...

1: Solid state

2: 10" Speaker

3: weighs like 42 pounds...

this will be interesting...
I know this is gonna sound weird but if you have a good voice for Shinedown songs, or at least average, try one or two of Taylor Swifts' songs. *and of course change the word "he" to "she," in the lyrics. Believe it or not, her songs are easy to play and sound good with a Shinedown voice. Some people might not recognize who it is by your interpretation and those that do will probably enjoy it.

Highway Man by Cash/Jennings is pretty easy to play.

Lastly, any Neil Young song. Most of the chords are easy... C G F's.

Hope that helps.
I have a solution for all your problems tell your dad to pi$$ up a rope.First he "volunteers" you then sets limit on what you can use.I would have told him no at the start.Tell him next time ask first!
My Gear

Schecter Gryphon with Seymour Duncan JB Bridge and Jazz Neck PU's
Fender Superchamp XD Amp
Bad Monkey Pedal