A while ago I dropped my PSP. It landed on the section where the WLAN switch is. it didn't break it, but it kind of loosened it and made it harder to turn on. About a month ago, I thought it would be a good idea to take the switch off because I couldn't turn the damn thing on, and figured if I got a toothpick or something in there I could get it to turn on. I ended up using a broken guitar pick, and it worked. Now, last night, the WLAN thing turned itself off again (which I hate that it does, it's just annoying), and I can't get it back on.

Keep in mind, I was on the internet that day, even, but suddenly in the few hours I didn't touch it and it was charging, the WLAN turned off. I was about to open up the PSP itself to try and find the WLAN switch internally and like tape it on if possible (with electrical tape, let's be professional here), but I didn't want to void the warranty.

Does anyone know if this is even covered in thr warranty, though? I've heard it costs like $80 to get a replacement, which is cheaper than getting a new Slim (which was my original plan of action, to get the God of War bundle, or the Star Wars one if I could find it). I don't want to wait long, though, because I literally just this week bought a new headset for it to be able to talk to my SOCOM clan of one year.

Is there a better idea than opening it? Should I try to sell it to someone? Would EB take it w/o the WLAN switch?

This sucks...
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
if you have warranty, you can send it in and get a new one. or maybe its fate, and you should just get a new one. like the red one with kratos.. thats hot.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
Yeah, I figured as much. (to the EB thing)

Are you sure the warranty covers that, though? I don't want to waste time/money calling them if it won't.

And damn, the Pit is more responsive than a purely-gaming/hacking forum I frequented years ago...
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
gaming thread
Quote by GnR_ROK
Words for describing the ladies subtly

Damage - bit of alright
Major damage - bloody fit
Damage has been done - older fit bird
minor damage - fit but you would be arrested for it
collateral damage - ugly bird with fit mates
My bad, forgot...
Quote by Pauldapro