Need a new guitar, and I'm torn between an Ibanez PGM100 or Ibanez PGM300 (both Paul Gilbert Signature guitars).

The 100 is on ebay right now and the buyout is a pretty good price at $1100 (these guitars are quite rare, only made available in Japan). It is also very unique with it's color combination and the shark inlays on the rosewood fretboard. Dimarzio PAF Pro humbuckers and Jem Single Coil. It also has a standard headstock. Edge Locking tremelo I believe.

OR

wait for a Ibanez PGM300 to show up. Has a maple neck (which I love), standard dot inlays, same pickups, and reverse Ibanez headstock (which I like better). Main difference is it's tremelo, which is a Lo-Pro tremelo (only if it is 2004 or older, which are pretty rare...).

The PGM100 I can get right now, it is used with some minor cracks in the paint and chips, not too noticeable. For a PGM300, I have no idea how long I will have to wait... and trying to find a 2004+ model is even harder. Should I jump on it? How much more will I regret getting an Edge Locking trem than the lo-pro?
Get the 100, im pretty sure its alot rarer, especially the color, and the resale value would go up.

And the only difference between the orig. edge and lo pro edge, is the lo pro is well, lo profile, meaning it doesnt stick up as much, they are both amazing trems.
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
i'd choose the PGM100. thats pretty cool.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
definately 100.
Gear:

Ibanez XPT707FX
Ibanez RG7321 (DiMarzio D-Activator 7 Pickups)

Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah-Wah
DigiTech Whammy WH-4
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station

Line 6 Flextone III Plus w/FBV2 Footswitch
ahh I was about to do the Buy Out option but that SOB took it away

guess I'm going to have to wait quite a bit to get this, even if I do win... which is unlikely. I have bad luck with eBay auctions
Ill outbid you.

:P
Quote by Deep*Kick
why do you need to have ur amp flat bickie in your house if you are just practicing is what i'm wondering? Of course it's bad for every1's hearing

Rig:
Ibanez Xiphos7 w/ Blackouts -or- ESPh307->MXR ZW-44-> Peavey 6505+

7/ERG Legion
defeniatly the 100. the color scheme is cool as hell
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
I am now going to be a proud owner of the PGM100

buy out option on eBay! woot! I'm soo stoked!

too bad I have to wait like a week or more the dude is shipping from California to Florida... opposite sides of US.
I prefer the 300.

But the 100 is surely a good guitar.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Quote by Khoifish321
I am now going to be a proud owner of the PGM100

buy out option on eBay! woot! I'm soo stoked!

too bad I have to wait like a week or more the dude is shipping from California to Florida... opposite sides of US.

Nice.

PGMs are awesome and the 100 in your first post (I'm assuming that's the one you're buying) looks like it's in great condition.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
yeah, it is in great condition, minus some minor paint chips on the sides. there is also the common neck crack that happens in RGs. Anyone know about this or have it happen? He said it was very common and not damaging, I'm a still a little worried about it though.
Quote by Khoifish321
yeah, it is in great condition, minus some minor paint chips on the sides. there is also the common neck crack that happens in RGs. Anyone know about this or have it happen? He said it was very common and not damaging, I'm a still a little worried about it though.

He probably means little cracks in the paint which form at the bottom corners of the neck joint. This isn't just common with Ibanez, but with many other guitars, too.

Because these are usually just minor cracks in the paint, they're nothing to worry about.

Courtesy of jemsite:

You've read it, you can't un-read it!