Page 1 of 2
The keys are frozen, the screen is frozen. And my parents signed a contract that if we replace it, it costs $3500, yeah i know it's a lot. So i'm not even going to think about telling my parents. What do i do? it seems pretty dry on the inside...

EDIT: I jumped in with it in my pocket, and in the air i was like ******

and then got right back out and disassembled it.
Quote by Faux
whats the best part about sex with eighty one year olds?
theres eighty of them
Last edited by DannyMcawesome at Jul 16, 2008,
Water IMMEDIATELY destroys the insides of the phone, thats why water damage insurance costs so much. I'd start looking at different phones, buddy. I used to work at radioshack
TAKE OUT THE BATERY

blow dry it for an hour, and blowdry EVERY single hole that you think water could get in through.

pray for you god damn life.
Um...why would it cost $3500 to replace a phone?

High end computers cost around there. Even if you had an iPhone, the most you would have to pay would be the cost to replace the phone...
It's a cold world, so homie bundle up. We ain't on this grind for nothing, now get your hustle up.
Thank you... I'm flipping **** right now. I leave for CA on friday so i guess i'm going without a phone...
Quote by Faux
theres eighty of them
That sounds like a pretty stupid contract your parents signed. Was your phone made of gold or something?
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by horloko
Sucks to be you. Stick it in your microwave. It dries faster.

What he said.

rofl, pwnt.
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
You are simply the greatest person ever to walk this great planet.
Quote by LOL_iAMdela
Um...why would it cost $3500 to replace a phone?

High end computers cost around there. Even if you had an iPhone, the most you would have to pay would be the cost to replace the phone...

dude i'm not the one to ask, all my parents said when they gave it to me was not to hurt it because it costs 3500 to replace, i was like LOLWUT?
Quote by Faux
theres eighty of them
Quote by BostonLP
Water IMMEDIATELY destroys the insides of the phone, thats why water damage insurance costs so much. I'd start looking at different phones, buddy. I used to work at radioshack

Umm no... I've done this like five times and after 40 minutes of blow drying it worked fine each time.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
just so you know it's a SPRINT / SAMSUNG M300 phone.
Quote by Faux
theres eighty of them
I am being completely serious here: Put it in a bowl of white rice. Make sure it's covered completely. Leave it there for about 48 hours.

Rice absorbs moisture, and it will suck all the water out of your phone. I dropped mine in a puddle, and this made it work again.

EDIT: Proof: http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/20/how-to-clean-up-water-damaged-electronics-the-rice-bowl/
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

Quote by DannyMcawesome
dude i'm not the one to ask, all my parents said when they gave it to me was not to hurt it because it costs 3500 to replace, i was like LOLWUT?

They told you that so you wouldn't throw it around carelessly because they'd have to pay for it if something happened (I assume).
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
3 and a half ****ing grand? What is it made out of? Gold? Why the hell pay that much for a phone.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Dude, the same thing happened to me with my Razr...except it was in my pocket the whole time I was swimming

I ended up getting a new one the next day.
not as bad as my dumbass friend who ran into the pool with his cell phone in his pocket
Nice beaver.

(. Y .) (. Y .)
1.) Remove the battery

2.) Let it dry

3.) ????????

4.) Profit!!!
Quote by Sean-Man
what the hell is fap?
You guys are retarded.

Don't you know how to hold on to a god damn phone? Are you dogs? Don't you have thumbs? Even if you are ****ing texting, lol.

If water is infront of you TURN LEFT OR RIGHT. So then if you drop it, guess what? IT WON'T GO IN THE WATER.

=o
bree bree look how fucking metal i am
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Umm no... I've done this like five times and after 40 minutes of blow drying it worked fine each time.

well, water didnt touch the insides of the phone because they are VERY sensitive to moisture.
Are you sure that the 3500 dollars is not the penalty of leaving your contract early.

You should be able to get a cell at the cost of the cellphone. NO MORE!
"Swords, nature's hell sticks."- Trip Fisk
Quote by Baboom
You guys are retarded.

Don't you know how to hold on to a god damn phone? Are you dogs? Don't you have thumbs? Even if you are ****ing texting, lol.

If water is infront of you TURN LEFT OR RIGHT. So then if you drop it, guess what? IT WON'T GO IN THE WATER.

=o

Because obviously you're above having accidents and never screw up.

When you get in a non-lethal car accident, I'm going to talk so much shit.

"Don't you know how to fucking drive? There was a car there dumbass, why didn't you turn you stupid piece of shit? You're so goddamn stupid."

I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

Last edited by bigwillie at Jul 16, 2008,
Quote by Maidenfan066
not as bad as my dumbass friend who ran into the pool with his cell phone in his pocket

Yea i did that, i told myself to remember to take it out of my pocket before jumping in the pool. forgot untill it started uncontrollably buzzing. Got a new one for $35 the next day.
Slash
Support our troops
Quote by BostonLP

my sister forgot her phone into her pants wich were on their way to a washing machine and it still worked
鋼の錬金術師
Quote by fm212r
Yea i did that, i told myself to remember to take it out of my pocket before jumping in the pool. forgot untill it started uncontrollably buzzing. Got a new one for $35 the next day.

my buddy swam with his for like 45 minutes and we got out and he was like "oh ****, I just swam with my phone!" and then when we got back to his place we let it dry a little and then popped the batter in and it worked just fine.

a day later someone DRIPPED like 3 drops of water on my phone and it was completely destroyed.

WTF
Nice beaver.

(. Y .) (. Y .)
Quote by DannyMcawesome
just so you know it's a SPRINT / SAMSUNG M300 phone.

dude, the thing retails for 20$...your parents are either lying to you, or you're very stupid. just get a new one.
Too cool for a signature.
My old phone went through the washing machine twice.

The first time, it survived.

The second.......well.....thats a different story
Quote by DannyMcawesome

Dude, that is so not true.

Why replace a (at most) 500$ phone with 3500$?
Just buy a new one for like 200$.
what kind of parents get their stupid ass kid a $3500 phone?

Also, why does a kid need a phone that expensive?
STOP SAYING ITS RETARTED THAT IT'S 3500! MY SIS AND I ARE ON A PLAN AND TO GET THE PHONE...

wait a second... get a phone secretly, put sim card in it... ???? ... Profit...

of course if it didn't work. Which i don't think it will. When i turn it on it says EMERGANCY DOWNLOAD MODE... i'm like wtf does that mean lol?
Quote by Faux
theres eighty of them
dont try to turn it on

i did this a few weeks ago, but i was in my pool for about 5 minutes.

take the battery off and put the battery and phone (open) in a bag of rice, the rice will absorb the moisture.

i did this, but i tried turning it on while it was still wet so my battery was screwed, but it worked perfectly now plugged into the wall, so the rice does work. all i had to do was get a new battery.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
$350 or $3500?

Either a mistake or your parents are seething with rage and want to scare you.
Quote by DannyMcawesome
STOP SAYING ITS RETARTED THAT IT'S 3500! MY SIS AND I ARE ON A PLAN AND TO GET THE PHONE...

wut

ive had luck soaking a phone in isopropyl alcohol for 2 hours then letting it dry for a day, but that was to get rid of corrosion due to saltwater damage. if 2 days of regular drying wont work, just ebay a compatible phone and switch over the number/sim card. can prolly do that for under 100 bucks total.
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master
Page 1 of 2