Anybody out there have no desire to write/record original songs? I love playing covers and don't think I could write a song myself. I think it's more fun to put your own take on an older song.

-Sorry if this should be in "songwriting" but I figured it was the opposite.
No, I don't like being unorignal.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
I think it's because when I play for people they like hearing songs they already know and not some random song I made, you know?
Quote by wizards?
I like doing both... I mean I love writing songs, but can I imagine a setlist of just my own stuff, no.

Same here man. I like to show respect to my influences during a show.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
covers all the way for me. i 'try' to make up my own guitar stuff but it never works. i just like learning the songs i love. no desire to do my own stuff.
Quote by MeRcI-BuCkEtS
Evolve?

Evolve Festival 2007: Aug. 2nd, 3rd & 4th!!!
Evolve Festival 2008: July 25th, 26th & 27th!!!
Evolve Festival 2009: July 17th, 18th & 19th!!!
Sunflower Valley
Antigonish, Nova Scotia
www.evolvefestival.com
Quote by T.Rextacy
covers all the way for me. i 'try' to make up my own guitar stuff but it never works. i just like learning the songs i love. no desire to do my own stuff.

dude, fo real
thats how i am lol
"so did you do anything hardocore today?"

"yeah dude i went to the bathroom and pluged up the toilet like hardcore! water would not stop coming out of it! It was like eddie van halen was playing Eruption in my bathroom! If van halen was a toilet
I prefer doing improv jams the entire show.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom