hey just say which one i should put on my guitar i have a pack of each and i have 10-46 on it at the moment but wouldnt mind trying a diff gauge I will try and set up the guitar accordingly afterwards as well
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by get ta led out!
id try 9s if ur a beginner,what do u play?

yeh im a beginner and i play a bit of everything thats easy just whateva i can fidn thats good practise whether its a simple chord based song or a simple rock song i play whateva i can lol
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
9's FTW.
Gear:

Ibanez XPT707FX
Ibanez RG7321 (DiMarzio D-Activator 7 Pickups)

Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah-Wah
DigiTech Whammy WH-4
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station

Line 6 Flextone III Plus w/FBV2 Footswitch
okay i guess il go for 9s then, okay first string changed, its weird they seem to need a lot more winding to tune it to pitch and it feels a lot easier to press.. il proceed with the rest now.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Last edited by lwayneio at Jul 16, 2008,
okay they are all on and its a bit more buzzy than it was before (forgot to mention i have a bit of a buzz probelm anyway) so do you reckon i need a bit more relief or shall i leave it now till 2moro
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
i wouldnt use 9s on an RG321MH, i own one btw. i used to put 9s on my guitar but it felt really sloppy. 10-46 is the way to go.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by leviticus_22953
i wouldnt use 9s on an RG321MH, i own one btw. i used to put 9s on my guitar but it felt really sloppy. 10-46 is the way to go.

yeh well I might go back to them eventually but i will keep these on for a week or 2 then go back to 10 then try 11 and then maybe back to which ever i like best. i bougth a pack of 9 a pack of 11 and 2 packs of 10 so i should be sorted, il probably buy another pack of which ever i like best as well, I just want to keep trying as many things as possible so i know what i like best.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
it depends on what kind of music you play.. if you play heavy stuff, you should put the 11s on, but if you are a beginner and play songs in standard and such, slap them 9s on there.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

well the 9s seem okay need a little getting used to though and i need a few adjustments to get rid of the buzz and set up the intonation. my only probelm is that they feel a bit liquid if that makes sense, they kind of flick about in your fingers like water making me do small bends when i dont actually mean t, or just the string slips away from my finger kind of thing. will leave these on for a week and then try the 11, if i do then decide i prefer the 11s i will buy another couple packs.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by lwayneio
yeh im a beginner and i play a bit of everything thats easy just whateva i can fidn thats good practise whether its a simple chord based song or a simple rock song i play whateva i can lol

9's then
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com