Would it be possiable if I bought a Fender Tele to switch the neck to something a bit thinner. I can't stand the bulky wide necks that they have but they sound awesome, I love it. Would it mess with the bridge or something like that if I did?

I really like the Epi necks but Im not going to buy a new guitar just for the neck :P
Then you shouldn't have bought a MIM neck
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
I havnt bought it yet I was just wondering if its possiable to get a Tele then change it to something else.
If it's a bolt-on neck (and I believe it is), then it's possible to change it. But you have to also consider the cost and effort it will take to replace it, and if it's really worth it. If you want to, then I think you should go for it.
Saint Louis Blues
Does anybody else have an opinion on if it would screw anything thing up with the bridge or anything? And where would I be able to get just a neck?
Quote by CuttingJesse
Does anybody else have an opinion on if it would screw anything thing up with the bridge or anything? And where would I be able to get just a neck?

www.warmoth.com
well dude u could in theory just shave down the standard neck to ur liking, may be wrong since there are the truss rod might screw it up u might be able to shave off a little
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
I guess you could change the neck, but I don't think it would be worth it. You'll get used to the different neck after a while.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Tele necks? Wide? You're crazy, unless you mean "wide" in a different dimension than the one I'm thinking of.

Compared to my Les Paul their huge! I also have a Peavy Predator(strat copy) and the neck on that is pretty big aswell. I just really like the epi necks, their not to thin like Ibanez necks, but still wide enough to be comefortable.

EDIT: Yes I do I didnt realize what you meant before. Yes I mean the fret board is too wide.
Last edited by CuttingJesse at Jul 17, 2008,
hmm I really couldnt see a Tele Vibe sounding as good as the one I want. I guess you never know but I have heard alot of bad things about new Squiers and MIM Teles arnt that much more compared.