Page 1 of 440
bluesrocker101
Danny
997 IQ
Alright ladies and gentlemen. The WSILT thread is long overdue, and way off topic (although it was getting back to the original topic in the last few posts!) John and I agreed to take it down and start up a chat thread to replace it.
By now you’re probably thinking about the list of helpful users. Goodbye. The team feels as if the list is now just an ego boost, giving some users a higher stance than others. For all the users who aren’t sure about who is giving the right information, pay attention to your threads. What I mean is, you’ll know if the answer is wrong when people start to correct or even argue about. Pay attention, and if you can, don’t always take the first answer as the solution.

Lets continue where it left off:

Quote by :-D
On a side note, I hate people at the gym who sound like they're having orgasms every time they pick up a weight.

Quote by BGC
It's worse on the tennis court.

On the positive side, when my kids ask me what was going on last night, I can tell them that mommy and daddy were playing tennis.

So now, we continue the off topic discussions in our own little Pit. Enjoy.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Last edited by bluesrocker101 at Jul 17, 2008,
bangoodcharlote
Fractal
855 IQ
Surely John didn't just send us all warnings and then you made a new thread specifically for continuing what we were warned for, right?

So we can look over and discuss the last few pages of that thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=546537
bluesrocker101
Danny
997 IQ
Check your inbox
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
demonofthenight
UG Spammer
976 IQ
Everyone warned for spam.
I lol'd

EDIT: can we have a funeral for the WTLT thread? I'm sad All those long pointless conversation, lost.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Last edited by demonofthenight at Jul 16, 2008,
Skater901
Doesn't actually skate.
1,160 IQ
So what do we chat about in this thread for chatting?
sig goes here
kirbyrocknroll
UG's Cannons King
2,342 IQ
Lol @ everyone warned for spam. I should check my inbox now that I can get warned again

I miss the old thread. Not for the silly list or the pointless conversations, but just because it was up for so long RIP.

Anyone know how I can put up an audio file on youtube? Like, maybe one picture that lasts the whole time the file is playing?

I'm going shore fishing tomorrow. Woot.
Skater901
Doesn't actually skate.
1,160 IQ
Alright, we shall bitch and moan about how the old thread got closed. Even though I never went in there. I never really knew what it was about and couldn't be bothered reading like 600 pages or whatever to find out what it was about.
sig goes here
Johnljones7443
559 IQ
'I'd say we get rid of the WTLT and just have a chat thread. Is a retard box and a box of intelligent users THAT necessary? It's really for feeding egos.'

'I feel like the Who to Listen To list should go in the FAQ, and there should be a separate chat thread. The WTLT doesn't really need it's own thread, and I don't see the main point of it getting read any more as it is than if it were in the FAQ. However, I do think a Chat thread should remain.'

'The who to listen to list serves no purpose and could go, but it's got a a fair bit of nostalgia/sentimental value. I vote for a new WTLT/chat thread.'

'I don't think there should be a list, not because i am not on it, just because forums should be a place for everybody and anybody to have their opinions... perhaps this contributes to the elite groups... I personally do like the chat thread aspect, because if i have a query i usually ask in there because i know it will be read by certain people.'

I'm sure there's more, but hey, we make the improvements thread so you guys have your say. The general consensus was that the list was superfluous, but a 'chat' or 'community' thread should remain. This is the result.

Fair enough, the other thread has some nostalgia and 'sentimental' value, but **** it, we're here to try and do what's best for the forum, and we think getting rid of that list is part of that endeavour. Apparently most of you do too.

I know it's not that big of an issue, but still, please understand we're trying to do what the whole of MT thinks is best for itself.

If some of you really think the list is needed, it takes two minutes to add it to the FAQ.

Also, seeing as this is a chat thread, and essentially spam, and doesn't contribute to the forum in any way, shape, or form - it will be deleted when it's old and decrepit, so posts here don't count.
kirbyrocknroll
UG's Cannons King
2,342 IQ
Quote by Johnljones7443
'I'd say we get rid of the WTLT and just have a chat thread. Is a retard box and a box of intelligent users THAT necessary? It's really for feeding egos.'

'I feel like the Who to Listen To list should go in the FAQ, and there should be a separate chat thread. The WTLT doesn't really need it's own thread, and I don't see the main point of it getting read any more as it is than if it were in the FAQ. However, I do think a Chat thread should remain.'

'The who to listen to list serves no purpose and could go, but it's got a a fair bit of nostalgia/sentimental value. I vote for a new WTLT/chat thread.'

'I don't think there should be a list, not because i am not on it, just because forums should be a place for everybody and anybody to have their opinions... perhaps this contributes to the elite groups... I personally do like the chat thread aspect, because if i have a query i usually ask in there because i know it will be read by certain people.'

I'm sure there's more, but hey, we make the improvements thread so you guys have your say. The general consensus was that the list was superfluous, but a 'chat' or 'community' thread should remain. This is the result.

Fair enough, the other thread has some nostalgia and 'sentimental' value, but **** it, we're here to try and do what's best for the forum, and we think getting rid of that list is part of that endeavour. Apparently most of you do too.

I know it's not that big of an issue, but still, please understand we're trying to do what the whole of MT thinks is best for itself.

If some of you really think the list is needed, it takes two minutes to add it to the FAQ.

Also, seeing as this is a chat thread, and essentially spam, and doesn't contribute to the forum in any way, shape, or form - it will be deleted when it's old and decrepit, so posts here don't count.

John, I don't know if you saw my post in the old thread asking about a song that you posted here a while ago (found it, by the way - Right on the Edge), but I was reading through the thread in R&R and was just wondering how it turned out, as you said you were going to talk to the recording engineer the next day or something.
demonofthenight
UG Spammer
976 IQ
So now that we're done bitching about the death of the WTLT thread, what now?
        |\
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Ænimus Prime
Beginner
116 IQ
It's dangerous not having a list, people might mistake me for someone they should listen to
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Johnljones7443
559 IQ
Quote by kirbyrocknroll

John, I don't know if you saw my post in the old thread asking about a song that you posted here a while ago (found it, by the way - Right on the Edge), but I was reading through the thread in R&R and was just wondering how it turned out, as you said you were going to talk to the recording engineer the next day or something.

Sorry man, I didn't catch that. It came to nothing - the recording gig was a personal favour from a close friend, but the guys there wanted paying if I wanted to do anything else. I can't afford to pay for professional recording and editing, and I'm not au fait with that kinda stuff, so I left it as it is.

Quote by bangoodcharlote
As in this thread is like The Pit and the Noob forum?

Yep.
demonofthenight
UG Spammer
976 IQ
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Remark on my tennis comment.
First thing I thought was, wow, your married?
And than, why would you have sex with your kids in the house? I'd never have sex with anything whilst any of my family are home *braces for obligatory hand joke*
        |\
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
bangoodcharlote
Fractal
855 IQ
Quote by demonofthenight
First thing I thought was, wow, your married?
Future tense.

And please change "anything" to "anyone." I don't condone the use of household items for sex.
Ænimus Prime
Beginner
116 IQ
Quote by Sue
Check the profile.
Now people will definitely mistake me for someone they should listen to
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

demonofthenight
UG Spammer
976 IQ
Quote by bangoodcharlote
And please change "anything" to "anyone." I don't condone the use of household items for sex.
I prefer not to.

On a side note, anyone felt oddly turned on by playing their acoustic guitar?
        |\
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Ænimus Prime
Beginner
116 IQ
I'm in love with mine, if that counts.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin

bangoodcharlote
Fractal
855 IQ
Quote by demonofthenight
On a side note, anyone felt oddly turned on by playing their acoustic guitar?
That's because you think acoustic music is the best way into a girl's pants, which, to some extent, is very true.
Ænimus Prime
Beginner
116 IQ
Hence why I now play my acoustic 95% of the time.

"So close no matter how far..."

Yep, I'm one of those guys now. Innit for the sex
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin

demonofthenight
UG Spammer
976 IQ
^I live in aus, so no
Quote by bangoodcharlote
That's because you think acoustic music is the best way into a girl's pants, which, to some extent, is very true.
Like what kind of acoustic? I hope you dont mean that chord strumming with the bad cliche singing kind. Would classical or chord-melody jazz work too?
        |\
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Ænimus Prime
Beginner
116 IQ
No, you have to sing

EDIT: And you can play any song that has the e and B string left open or held at the same fret for the entire song.

EDIT: Exceptions are made for finger picking
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin

Last edited by Ænimus Prime at Jul 17, 2008,
bangoodcharlote
Fractal
855 IQ
Oh no, I mean the kind of song where you feel like such a girl after playing that you have to immediately have sex just to feel remotely manly again. I'm talkin' "Hey There Delilah" kind of stuff.

Oh yes, my species sucks, but that works two ways.
grampastumpy
Not actually old.
1,206 IQ
Hmm, that might be my only chance...

What's wrong with strumming and singing? I guess if you do the "bad cliche" singing as opposed to singing pleasantly then yeah, but those kinds of songs aren't inherently bad.

Although personally I'm more of a crazy death metal riff/chord-melody jazz kinda guy.
demonofthenight
UG Spammer
976 IQ
meh, I'm just sick of seeing girls swoon over the idiots who play 3 or 4 open chords and sing *badly*. The only think more idiotic than an idiot musician is their idiot groupies.

But yeah, if it works, why not go for it?

I'll try this one out when I'm back at school on monday.
        |\
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Ænimus Prime
Beginner
116 IQ
Quote by mike
I'll try this one out when I'm back at school on monday.
Sex at school? You, my friend, are finally doing it right. Keep this up and you may get to have your balls back.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin

demonofthenight
UG Spammer
976 IQ
Quote by Ændy
Sex at school? You, my friend, are finally doing it right. Keep this up and you may get to have your balls back.
yeah some kids got expelled a couple years back for doing that.
Aparently thats how one of my friends lost her viriginity, sex at school.
        |\
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Ænimus Prime
Beginner
116 IQ
Ændy
thats awesome!
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin

Alter-Bridge
Is Enchanted to meet you
795 IQ
Quote by branny1982
I like a game of tennis.

I am not very good at it though...

I like playing it, I can't stand watching it though.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
st.stephen
has a job
219 IQ
I know it's a little late and a little off topic from the current discussion, but maybe move the old thread to the archives forum?

Hell, I don't know if that'll work what with the hard deleting threads and whatnot, I don't even know what's going on right now...wait, where the hell am I?
demonofthenight
UG Spammer
976 IQ
Quote by Alter-Bridge
I like playing it, I can't stand watching it though.

I like a good game of tennis. Just wish I play it more often.
        |\
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.