Page 5 of 441
Quote by ocelott

lol you know, in school, my art teacher openly admitted i was a better artist. i've heard your stuff man. it's good. but in a year, i'll be flying right past ya... and it's not an opinion. so take a chill pill...

*facepalm*
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Quote by bluesrocker101
*facepalm*

LOL, I would have been offended by his comment, except that I realize that most people say things like that to convince themselves more than anything else.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Jul 19, 2008,
I've uploaded a new track on my profile called "B Minor Solo", listens, comments/suggestions would be helpful.

And listen with headphones, it's fairly quiet otherwise.
Back from vacation! Went to Bay Area/Napa California... President bush did his whole "I wanna pretend like I'm helping" bit.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
Quote by jasonmetal love
Back from vacation! Went to Bay Area/Napa California... President bush did his whole "I wanna pretend like I'm helping" bit.

Did you get to hear the word "nucular"?
Quote by kirbyrocknroll
Same in Nor. Cal. Do Northern Californians have accents to you
lol, point taken.

EDIT:
Quote by bluesrocker101
*facepalm*
, where did that come from?
What a tool.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Yeah, that comment was about as arrogant as possible. Also, notice a conspicuous lack of his playing on his profile.

Thanks for the comment on the .mp3, by the way.
I saw your post in here about it. You're welcome.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by :-D
Look at ocelott's thread about halfway down the forum.
I found that pretty amusing. "and it's not an opinion..." Classic.

Also, "B Minor Solo" is pretty epic. Too bad it was so loaded with noise.
Quote by grampastumpy
I found that pretty amusing. "and it's not an opinion..." Classic.

Yeah, that was my favorite part.
Quote by grampastumpy
Also, "B Minor Solo" is pretty epic. Too bad it was so loaded with noise.

That was my playing!

Thanks for the comment; at present, I have no mic other than the computer's for now, but I'm buying one soon as well as some software to hopefully cut out the weird hissing, shrieking and other noises.
That was my playing!

Thanks for the comment; at present, I have no mic other than the computer's for now, but I'm buying one soon as well as some software to hopefully cut out the weird hissing, shrieking and other noises.
, I'm sure something can be done about that...

Please do man. Actually I need to get a mic sometime soon too. Mine's starting to fall apart and it wasn't that great before either... Hmm, I'm gonna post something up real quick and I've got a bit of existing material too.
I haven't listened to it yet, so excuse me if it's acoustic, but you can just plug an electric guitar into your computer.
I have the cheapest mic Radio Shack offered here. It works okay going right through the standard sound card in the computer.

I never want to spend big money on recording stuff... just guitars

It's electric, don't worry. Guess I can look into getting a cable for that.

A regular cable with a 1/4">1/8" adapter for the computer's mic input will do.

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
It's electric, don't worry. Guess I can look into getting a cable for that.
Then you could go into an amp/POD/pedals and then send the line/headphone out to a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter into your computer's microphone-in.

Or something like that.
Quote by metal4all
I have the cheapest mic Radio Shack offered here. It works okay going right through the standard sound card in the computer.

I never want to spend big money on recording stuff... just guitars
I got my mic from this program my school band program has us use.

And without further ado, "Crappy I V vi IV Improvisation in G" is now available for your listening (dis)pleasure, as well as an admittedly poor take of some jazz chord melody I know you guys all love. Fun fact: The former was made for the credits of a school project I had. I had some latency issues on the playback while recording so I kinda had to guess when the beat was at times.
Quote by ocelott
i def agree. i think that most success people in life have never been good enough for themselves. my wife thinks i'm fishing for compliments when i say i suck big fat monkey nuts lol not the case. exploring outside the box is also a must. that's why i'm learning a little of everything. complacency is man's worst enemy.
Coming from the same man that said, this:
Quote by ocelott

lol you know, in school, my art teacher openly admitted i was a better artist. i've heard your stuff man. it's good. but in a year, i'll be flying right past ya... and it's not an opinion. so take a chill pill...
My god. I don't know what ego from him to believe

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
He must be quite 'special' to have a wife and still be taking art classes.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
Quote by Iron_Dude
He must be quite 'special' to have a wife and still be taking art classes.
Don't get me wrong, I think the guy was an ass, but it's not uncommon for universities to offer adult education and night classes, and there are always "art workshops."
Haha, deleted my second post. I thought I'd bring it up, but then I was like "Eh, screw it. I'll bring it up later." I was considering it, except for getting tape replacement is a total pain in the butt.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
i took my acoustic in to get it properly setup and its gonna take about a week. i'm already having withdrawals..... sure i have my electric but its not the same. anyone else ever have this problem?
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Don't get me wrong, I think the guy was an ass, but it's not uncommon for universities to offer adult education and night classes

For sem weeird reasn I laugh so haard
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
Quote by z4twenny
i took my acoustic in to get it properly setup and its gonna take about a week. i'm already having withdrawals..... sure i have my electric but its not the same. anyone else ever have this problem?

always both my electrics are messed up but i and i never bring them in for service but i couldn't go a couple days with out the acoustic.

so i am thinking of buying a second one and electric acoustic so i can record it to.
sorry for the dp

do you use guys know anything about lcd tv's cause i want to buy one but i an so confused

someone please explain this to me i was on best buy site and looking at these 32" lcd tv's but it says

Insignia 32" Widescreen LCD HDTV** (NSLCD32F)

then

**Requires HDTV Source

then under product details

Display Capabilities 480i/480p/720p/960p/1080i

HD Compatible No

what does it mean not HD comppatible

here's a link and there all like that pretty much not just the cheaper tv including toshiba and sony

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodd...082&catid=23244

can any one explain this to me

would my ps3 be HD if i buy this tv???
with those display capabilities it would have to be HD, if you plan on buying it go to the store and ask for sure but i do know that 1080i is hi def resolution and your ps3 will be hi def..... btw i want a ps3 so of course i hate you.
Quote by z4twenny
with those display capabilities it would have to be HD, if you plan on buying it go to the store and ask for sure but i do know that 1080i is hi def resolution and your ps3 will be hi def..... btw i want a ps3 so of course i hate you.

lol yeah it's cool i only bought it instead of the xbox360 because it was cheaper for the amount of storage space 80 gigs for 500$ oppose to 40 gigs for 500$

comes with a blue ray player, xbox nothing just dvd(i bouhgt a dvd player with souround sound for 50$ bucks 1.5 years ago and it still works) and free online play where as you pay like 60 bucks a year for live.

better hardware(ps3) my uncle has replaced his twice in the past 3 years(360 that is)

they say the 360 has better software but i just play games and watch movies and load avi's onto it. you can also hook up a keyboard and mouse and instal linux on ps3. lol

and both consoles have like the same games just a couple more exclusoves for the xbox which i don't personally care about anyways lol
Quote by lbc_sublime

and both consoles have like the same games just a couple more exclusoves for the xbox which i don't personally care about anyways lol

i love the metal gear solid series and have been itching to play it. i just "got" devil may cry 4 for my pc and have been playing it, its good stuff
i shed a small tear when i heard the 360 was getting final fantasy 13, not because i didn't want it to go multiplat but because i thought they were gonna really utilize the ps3's power and do something with it the 360 couldn't accomplish. que sera eh?
Did you get to hear the word "nucular"?

No, but I heard "Caburnay?"
Portugal. The Man »–
Quote by z4twenny
i love the metal gear solid series and have been itching to play it. i just "got" devil may cry 4 for my pc and have been playing it, its good stuff
i shed a small tear when i heard the 360 was getting final fantasy 13, not because i didn't want it to go multiplat but because i thought they were gonna really utilize the ps3's power and do something with it the 360 couldn't accomplish. que sera eh?

yeah devil may cry was cool i wish the second half wasn't the first half in reverse thought.

and the MGS4 is awesome if you played all the rest of them it all ties into this one and it is pretty fun
Quote by Johnljones7443
I'm gone for a week guys. Have fun without me.

Bye! Be safe! Have fun!
Portugal. The Man »–
Quote by lbc_sublime
yeah devil may cry was cool i wish the second half wasn't the first half in reverse thought.

and the MGS4 is awesome if you played all the rest of them it all ties into this one and it is pretty fun

ARGH!!! YOUVE RUINED IT FOR ME!!!! not really though i'm still gonna play it and see whats up. and i've played mgs 1 and 3 all the way through, i never finished 2 so i might have a run at that before i get a ps3 and play mgs 4.
Quote by TheShred201
So does yours

What post?

Bye John. Have a nice holiday.

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by TheShred201
I have it quoted. Nice try.

That means nothing, quotes are too easily faked.

Quote by TheShred201
I have a vagina

See
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums