how is it?
my friend offered to sell his to me for 100, and im wondering if it would be halfway decent with new tuners, locking nut, and maybe new pickups.
Godin LG Signature
Samick UM-3
Ibanez Exotic Wood Series Acoustic- Burled Maple
Ibanez Artcore AWD-82
Ibanez ART-300
G&L Tribute series S-500
Squier Bullet special
Cameo Hollowbody
SX tele with neck p90

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX
oh, and i have a friend who custom finishes random things, so ill get him to make it sick. :]
Godin LG Signature
Samick UM-3
Ibanez Artcore AWD-82
Ibanez ART-300
G&L Tribute series S-500
Squier Bullet special
Cameo Hollowbody
SX tele with neck p90

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX
I think it could be worth it as a project guitar to upgrade. But since it's made of agathis (most likely lower quality as well), it's probably not going to be INCREDIBLE. It should be decent with some upgrades though.
Saint Louis Blues
thanks for the input. ill fix it up a bit. hes loaning it too me first to see if i like it at all.
Godin LG Signature
Samick UM-3
Ibanez Artcore AWD-82
Ibanez ART-300
G&L Tribute series S-500
Squier Bullet special
Cameo Hollowbody
SX tele with neck p90

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX
Locking nut without fine tuners at the bridge? How do you imagine that works?
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
Locking nut without fine tuners at the bridge? How do you imagine that works?

idk, im an idiot. :]
all of my guitars so far are hardtail, and this is my first night of researching trems. haha. sorry.
Godin LG Signature
Samick UM-3
Ibanez Artcore AWD-82
Ibanez ART-300
G&L Tribute series S-500
Squier Bullet special
Cameo Hollowbody
SX tele with neck p90

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX
I think it's an OK guitar if you're a beginner.Just remember to play it awhile because I've tried one for my friend and one of the pickups didn't work.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Why not wait for a standard SA?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by adamrandall
idk, im an idiot. :]
all of my guitars so far are hardtail, and this is my first night of researching trems. haha. sorry.

We all got to start somewhere.

On topic though, a GSA - being a bottom tier Ibanez - is not really worth upgrading, nor is it worth a hundred bucks used. Or at least I'd have spent my $100 elsewhere.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
well, im not a beginner at all really. just new to trems. and i might as well just borrow the thing to see how it is. worst case scenario, i return it out of tune after exploding everyones brains with insane harmonics.
and i dont want to "wait" for a standard SA because i was mainly interested in this as a cheap fix-upable guitar.
Godin LG Signature
Samick UM-3
Ibanez Artcore AWD-82
Ibanez ART-300
G&L Tribute series S-500
Squier Bullet special
Cameo Hollowbody
SX tele with neck p90

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX
Well, we all got to start dealing with trems somewhere too.

If you just want to play around with it, then sure, why not. I'm just saying it makes little sense to invest in it. Other than that, the trem's not too good, doesn't give you the features of a Floyd Rose, and if you use it aggressively, the guitar will go out of tune.
yeah. as soon as i get my hands on a trem, its going to be like electrified masturbation. XD
ill get something with an FR eventually.
i was going to get that limited edition gibson explorer with EMGs and a FR but i lost my mind and got a 600 dollar digital recorder.
Godin LG Signature
Samick UM-3
Ibanez Artcore AWD-82
Ibanez ART-300
G&L Tribute series S-500
Squier Bullet special
Cameo Hollowbody
SX tele with neck p90

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX