I've been working on building my own guitar for awhile now, and the time is coming up to decide what kind of paint job i should put on it. any ideas for a guitar thats going to have all-chrome hardware?
i dont have much experience with painting. is it hard to do bursts? and is it harder with spray paint?
Quote by Guitarrox14
i dont have much experience with painting. is it hard to do bursts? and is it harder with spray paint?

It looks to me like it might be quite difficult, Sorry, Um, What kind of guitar is it btw? If it's a strat or something 5150 is always good.

Quote by ShaunDiel
It looks to me like it might be quite difficult, Sorry, Um, What kind of guitar is it btw? If it's a strat or something 5150 is always good.

burst are not hard
you have the color of the burst first sprayed in two coats or more and then from the edge lightly (coat after coat) spray towards the center with what ever color you want
first try it on paper (meaning with a drawing ) try shading with a pencil to get the concept and then practice with spray paint on paper
when you are confident then go for it on your guitar and dont hesitate
dont forget to wait a few hours between coats
yeah my first paint job was a burst using spray cans and it came out nice.....but on a strat style, everyone says the EVH stripes are overdone, but imo, they still never get old.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
ive been doing a lot of research and i think im gonna do my own custom paint job (not really custom since its just a coat of paint ) and using one of the crazer paints killer cans from alsa corp.
i like rising suns, and i think evh's are over done, i just got paint done on mine, i did polka dots... they turned out amazing. i guess it kind of depends on what kind of music you like too. im a big metal, hardcore, thrash guy, so polka dots just make it more BA
my gear:
Jackson Roads Pro
Gibson Explorer Pro
Fender American P-bass
Squire P-bass
Fender rumble 300 bass amp
Peavey 6505 head
Marshall special edition red cab
http://home.flash.net/~guitars/sunburstaerosol.html

This site has tons of great tutorials.
It's so crazy in here you're gonna wish it wasn't so crazy in here!

1995 PRS CE
Fender 50s Classic Player strat
Johnson Millenium 150
Boss GT-6