is this really bad for a tube amp? if you switch on both at once?
its not like REALLY bad. read through the stickies, i think there is some stuff there for you, or search. no sense in us getting into it all again.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
You have to turn both on in the case of my amp, otherwise it's just like you never turned standby on.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by thankyougermany
You have to turn both on in the case of my amp, otherwise it's just like you never turned standby on.

yeah, i know that. but you're supposed to do one before the other. i'm wondering what's the big deal about both at the same time
doing that puts a bit more stress on the cold tubes than necessary. i don't know why you would wanna turn them both on at the same time, you're not gaining anything by it. you would still get no sound for a few seconds, and you're beating up your tubes a little bit every time you do it.

if a standby switch is available, just use it correctly.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
When I first got my GH50L, I plugged it into the cab, then plugged in the power chord and turned the power on at the wall. Then I went upstairs to get my guitar. When I came back down I realised that both switches were turned on already ! Didn't do any damage thankfully. So it is ok if you do it accidentally, just don't keep doing it.
I'm glad I read this. Maybe that's why my Hot Rod deluxe got messed up....I dunno I wasn't aware of this before. **** me I'm retarded.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

it's not horrible for your amp or anything, but it does put a little more wear on the tubes than necessary.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Some amps dont have standby, so cant be that big of an issue. Just when you flip both on at once wont get any sound for a little bit until the tubes warm up.
Don't do it man, there will be a huge explosion. You know how on the news from time to time there is talk of "meth lab chemicals" exploding at an apartment complex or something? It's a cover-up, the explosions are actually caused by people who turned on their tube amps without using standy.

j/k Seriously it won't do anything except wear out the power tubes faster. There are quite a few tube amps out there that don't have standby at all.
It kinda defeats the purpose of having a standby switch....just thinking out loud
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge