hey. so today i bought a laptop, and when i tried to put itunes on, it comes up with this error like every 5 seconds

"apple mobile device helper has stopped working"

has anyone got this, and if so how can you fix it or bypass it?
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
itunes and Vista...hard to pick one to blame the problem on
Look Left>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Left you idiot
Your computer has a virus. win32.vista, also know as Windows Vista. Get XP and wait till everything "works" on Vista before getting it back, so in 5 years.
Quote by metalgirl0
Your computer has a virus. win32.vista, also know as Windows Vista. Get XP and wait till everything "works" on Vista before getting it back, so in 5 years.

In 5 years Vista will be ancient. Windows 7 is set for release in late '09-early '10
I had exactly the same problem. Here's how I fixed it:

1. Navigate to the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin folder.
2. Right-click AppleMobileDeviceHelper.exe and choose Properties from the shortcut menu.
3. Click the Compatibilitiy tab.
4. Check the box that says "Run this program as an administrator".
5. Click Apply.

Then try opening iTunes again, you shouldn't get the message anymore. When I plug my ipod in though itunes freezes, but after a couple minutes it recognizes the ipod and starts responding again.
“A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.”
-Bob Dylan

Quote by Freezer Burn

Congratz on the having the longest wall of text ever!

Most likely its DEP stopping it from running. Try this:
1. Disable UAC - just so you don't get annoyed by all those warnings
- open Control Panel
- in the search box, top right corner, type "UAC"
- in the results click UAC and uncheck the box
note: you might have to restart the computer for this to take effect

2. Click on the blue orb (start menu thing)
3. Right click Computer > Click "Properties"
4. In the left hand panel, at the bottom, click "Advanced system settings"
5. In the new window that opens up, click "Settings" under the Performance section
6. In the new window that opens up, click the "Data Execution Prevention" tab (DEP)
7. Check the second option (turn DEP on for everything except for the following)
8. Click "Add..."
- Go up in the explorer shell until you hit the root directory (C: )
- Go to Program Files
- Find the iTunes Folder
- Click on iTunesHelper.exe (the ".exe" may be hidden, depending on settings)
- Click "Open"
- Click "Apply" in the Performance Options window

That's it, you might need to restart and then try running iTunes again.

Edit: Oh woops, I thought you said iTunesHelper has stopped working. What's the name of the .exe in the dialogue box that displays the warning? You might have to click the "Details" button to view this.

Double-Edit: Just read toaster_poodle's post, if his method doesn't work, do the same with mine but replace the directory and executable with the one he stated.
Last edited by acersucks at Jul 16, 2008,
Quote by mister389
In 5 years Vista will be ancient. Windows 7 is set for release in late '09-early '10

You're right, but nothing will work on it. Just like with Vista.
Quote by metalgirl0
You're right, but nothing will work on it. Just like with Vista.

I don't know...I think Microsoft has learned some lessons from Vista. Obviously not enough though seeing as they're still using the basic framework from Vista to build Windows 7. I think W7 will still be much better than Vista is.

Quote by B. Joe
haha, love your sig!

Thanks!