Page 1 of 2
Wazzup UG? i don't mind a good shredding once in a while, in fact sometimes i'm impressed by watching guitarists on youtube really nail a fast song. what bothers me is when youtubers promote themselves as amazing when they mindless shred on their guitars. even when a guitarist may be talented, building themselves up as gods seems annoying to me. videos like these:
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=s9Kwz-SMH7o
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=JanO-wrlrQk
my question to you is, even when a guitarist is amazing (and i'm not saying the guy in the video is anything close to amazing, that is just an example) but they profess themselves as incredible at their art, could you still respect them?
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
I thought this was going to be about the song "The Art of Shredding" ...

...And if a guitarist says they're amazing, and they are, I still respect them as long as they aren't a twat about it thinking it makes them better than the next guitarist or something.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
no. i respect very few guitarist to begin with but if they got a huge ego i would not respect them.
wow.. sped up video.. they suck
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Wow that was brutal. I could easily play faster than him hitting random notes like that. Utter crap. If it doesn't sound even remotely decent, its not music, it's wank.

And to who ever posted the paul gilbert video...
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
wow.. sped up video.. they suck

i didn't realize it was sped up

Quote by GnR_ROK
That kid had one ugly poostache
Gear: Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (plus top)
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
oh damn that was like some random crap. haha that first guy was a big time show off. he reminded me of yjm for some reason. the second guy is pretty unique though cuz he plays blues and patonic scales
RAW ROCK KILLS!- ShowBread
Hello, My name is Armando and im your bunny
Quote by Punkable_Tabs

Wtf is with his face? Is he wearing blush and blue eyeshadow or something? (2nd vid)
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by Punkable_Tabs
Him smoking IS the best part. And yeah I think he was wearing eye liner or something...

It looked liek more than that. I actually thought he might be a chick who had breast reduction surgery and just had a manly body lol.
Quote by MedicreDemon
It looked liek more than that. I actually thought he might be a chick who had breast reduction surgery and just had a manly body lol.

I think I am going to second that...

He is trying to hard to act manly. Hmm...
Quote by masterohumans
no. i respect very few guitarist to begin with but if they got a huge ego i would not respect them.

I agree with this. Well, minus the first part. If a guitarist is good, he'll get respect unless he's a prick about it. It's like that with anything.
Stay humble my friends, stay humble.
oh please.....i still remember the days where i used to play like that

everyone has to start somewhere, i'm sure everyone here played like that in one point in their guitar lives. the kid with the cigarette...i dunno i guess he just loves his 80's rock.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by urik
Yes. They obviously worked very hard to get there. Obviously, I will respect more a humble one that worked as hard to be as good.
THIS is an amazing shredder, that also has a good heart, respects his father, and is very humble.
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=eK-w3BmNUZA&feature=related

i really enjoyed watching that, not only because he has the talent but because he looks like he is genuinely having fun playing

Quote by GnR_ROK
Quote by Punkable_Tabs

that guy is the gayest most annoying crying for attention little twat i've ever seen...

...so good post to you
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
Quote by bobby_splax
that guy is the gayest most annoying crying for attention little twat i've ever seen...

...so good post to you

Thanks. Found him one night looking at Poison covers. God I despise that kid.
Quote by urik
Yes. They obviously worked very hard to get there. Obviously, I will respect more a humble one that worked as hard to be as good.
THIS is an amazing shredder, that also has a good heart, respects his father, and is very humble.
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=eK-w3BmNUZA&feature=related
No doubt about about it I love these guys. Gustavo, Cesar and Mattrach are great.
Quote by masterk1818
Ya well when i wrestle/play with my dog he sometimes jumps on my back and starts humping me. But should he be doing this if he is neutered?

Quote by InvaderTSN
Wrestle with him naked. He'll ruv you rong time.

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?
Quote by Havok19
No doubt about about it I love these guys. Gustavo, Cesar and Mattrach are great.

Blockhead? He annoys me. He just copies his idols.
You know, just for this I'm going to make a video of me shredding with a shirt that says "I'm better at this than you."
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by MedicreDemon
Blockhead? He annoys me. He just copies his idols.

Well I think he has great potential and he also has made alot of his own music which sound pretty good. His first videos are a bit annoying though.
Quote by masterk1818
Ya well when i wrestle/play with my dog he sometimes jumps on my back and starts humping me. But should he be doing this if he is neutered?

Quote by InvaderTSN
Wrestle with him naked. He'll ruv you rong time.

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?
Page 1 of 2