http://daytripper67.muxtape.com/

i was supposed to go later, but the other guy didn't have his up. i'll just give a short introduction to each song.

television-foxhole: this is my favorite song that's not on marquee moon (since i figured that many of you, like me, have already worn it out). a great rock and roll song.

jeff buckley-grace: quite possibly my favorite song of his. he really had a lot of potential and it's a shame that we only have so little of his recordings.

the kinks-picture book: a catchy song by the kinks. i don't really know what else to say other than i like it a lot.

radiohead-bodysnatchers: not my favorite song by radiohead, but it's one of their more rock/guitar driven songs. it's pretty good.

the byrds-i see you: i love the whole jangly/psychedelic vibe on this song. i wish they would have gone more in this direction instead of the country stuff, but that's another debate. the lyrics are really imaginative in this song.

the smashing pumpkins-i am one: a song i think most cr listeners will like

nick drake-three hours: this is originally on drake's debut, but this is a slightly different version. just a gorgeous, mellow song.

x- the hungry wolf: i've always considered x to be more of a rock and roll band, so i think most cr listeners will like it. it's quite good.

david bowie- hang on to yourself: again, this is one of bowie's more rockish type songs. quite possibly my favorite on ziggy stardust.

the beatles-rain: this wasn't on any album, so i think many of you haven't heard it. that's basically my sole reason for putting this on, but i like it a lot. one of their most "psychedelic" type songs.

bob dylan- when the ship comes in: i don't really know what to say about this other than i like it a lot. it's a great song.

tom waits- hang down your head: this is a pretty gorgeous song. i get somewhat sad when i hear it, but it's a great song.

happy listening.
--------------------------------

Previous Weeks:
BrainDamage 2008-06-25
DownInAHole. 2008-07-02
metalfan#3 2008-07-09

Up Next:
1. psychodelia 2008-07-23
2. master 2008-07-30
3. Andrewbiles 2008-08-06
4. gtrplyr54 2008-08-13
5. Iron_Dude 2008-08-20
6. ohhey9040 2008-08-27
7. Maet 2008-09-03
8. S.A.Dange 2008-09-10
Last edited by DayTripper1967 at Jul 17, 2008,
I'd heard (and love) Picture Book, Bodysnatchers, Hang On To Yourself, and Rain before, but most of the bands here (w/ the exception of a few) are artists I'd been wanting to get into a long time, so thanks for this. Here's an analysis of what I thought of all of the songs (minus the ones I'd already heard):
Television-Foxhole: I am one of those who wore out Marquee Moon, but hadn't heard much of their second album other then little clips. Though it's no Marquee Moon, it's still a very good song that makes me wonder why I haven't bought the album yet

Jeff Buckley-Grace: I've been meaning to look into him for ages and listening to that song makes me wonder what took so damn long. Great song with incredibly soulful vocals and a cool arrangement.

Smashing Pumpkins-I Am One: I've never really cared much for the Pumpkins. It's a decent song, but not good enough to make me revise my opinion on them.

Nick Drake-Three Hours: I have Pink Moon, and it's one of those albums that I really love but don't quite listen to enough. That being said, this is a really cool song. The congos especially make it.

X-Hungry Wolf: I saw some footage of them performing while watching some rock history documentary and I really liked them. This song prompts me to investigate further into their catalog.

Tom Waits-Hang Down Your Head: Another one of those artists that I've been meaning to look into but haven't got around to it. I liked this song and hopefully I will finally get around to getting one of his albums.
A lot of great stuff on this tape. I love the inclusion of Bodysnatchers and Rain. Never heard that X song before, I really enjoyed that as well.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Last edited by Cptbeefheart at Jul 17, 2008,
Kudos on When The Ship Comes In! That's my favorite from The Times They Are A-Changin', which is my favorite Dylan album.
Hey, I'm Mike.
Great mix. Especially glad you included Jeff Buckley; Grace has always been one of my favorite albums.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
I've been meaning to listen to this, but I haven't had much time, so I'll get in what I can...

The guitar on that Television track was really something in a few parts. I'll admit that I could live without the singing, but the song is still pretty rocking.

I've listened to some of Jeff Buckley's Sketches album, but this is more complete. I think I'll look into the Grace album... the harmonies are interesting.

I'll listen to the rest later
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
There wasn't a song on there I didn't like.

Very nice
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Ok, listened to the rest.

I knew the Bowie, Smashing Pumpkins and Radiohead tracks, and I really like all of them. In particular, I think Bodysnatchers is fantastic.

Out of the rest, the Nick Drake one stood out to me; I still need to get some of his material; really cool stuff. The Kinks song was also pretty groovy.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out