Hi I was wondering if you players could give me some advice. I have no problem palm muting and I have no problem with alternate picking, but when I try to combine the two, everything goes wrong. I can downpick while palm muting but when I try to do upstokes, I cant hit the strings as nicely, sometimes they get stuck and it just sounds like junk. I think its because my hand is so close to the strings because my palm is anchored down so I dont have the room to get a decent angle.

Anyone got any tips?
thaks alot
Practice. take it slow. Get a metronome and set it to a low temp and then just practice. and once you feel comfortable at that tempo start getting faster
Keeping it real since '92
I got this at first too. What helped me was of course practice, but also a thicker pick. I used to play with .60, now I play with 1.14. Mainly though, just practice.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

make sure that your pick is vertically 90 degrees from the string and the pick is angled about 40 degrees so that you only use the same amount of pressure up as down. As what his name said, take it sloq, practice, keep practicing and you will just latch on to it one day, then you'll think, wow
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=
I have exactly the same thing im just going to keep trying to get it smooth, hopefully will have a few lessons soon so will ask then
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by Toolfan11
Practice. take it slow. Get a metronome and set it to a low temp and then just practice. and once you feel comfortable at that tempo start getting faster

I agree, every guitarist should have a metronome. Eventually you'll get the hang of it.
-------------------------------------------------
its easier for me w/ a thicker pick try at least i 1.1. i use a 2 and it works fine for me