Page 1 of 2
For some reason, my step dad decided to set an "internet timer", which basically shuts off our connection around 12:00 every night. Anyone know what causes this? How to get around it?
find what the process is called and end the process. Or you could go to your add or remove programs section in control panel and try to find the name, and uninstall it?
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Delete System32.

Nawt.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Not the computer, Me and my brothers have seperate computers, and he has never touched mine, which rules out the idea of it being a program. I'm assuming it's router related or modem related. Plus he isn't here, so he isn't unplugging it. It shuts off the same time every night exactly, so it isn't manual. Quick guys, only 30 minutes left!
Quote by burrit0
He probably just unplugs some things.

Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Quote by burrit0
He probably just unplugs some things.

That's what my dad would do,
but he's not the most tech savvy bastard on the planet
Is that router connected to a computer? You have wireless going on? WE NEED MORE SPECIFICS DAMNIT!
well, why dont you go looking around your modem then. Seems like a plan to me.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
I say pwnd/owned alot, and n00b even more frequently.

It comes up every few seconds actually. I actually said "imma pwn j00 n00b" to my girlfriend i think. She had no idea what i wastalking about, so i pwnt her n00b ass.
Just talk to your step dad about it and ask why he has it set up and see if he will take it off.
Quote by ACG
Put scotch tape on your penis and icy hot on your balls

Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
What the hell does that have to do with freeing whales from pirates?
System restore.

Seriously try it.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

Quote by titsmcgee852
Delete System32.

Nawt.

Oh, fuck off. It was funny in 2006, it's not funny now.

Anyway, threadstarter, he's probably found some program that acts as an outbound firewall blocking your connection to any outside hosts. Either that, or he just turs your modem off at 12:00.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Wireless modem, and the reason he did that is because my brothers always stay up the whole night playing games, so I suffer for it. I've already tried searching for other local modems, no luck.
Password is 'admin'. User name is the same, too.

Quote by Smokey Amp
Password is 'admin'. User name is the same, too.

I thought the username was administrator and the password was admin?

Try what I say if Smokey's idea doesn't work.
Quote by Zinnie

Quote by llanafreak44
Thanks Smokey, but I've already tried that in both fields.

Hmm, that's the regular default, man.

Maybe your dad changed it. Is he tech savvy?

Definitely, I would say I am very tech savvy as well, but still not able to figure this out! I'll check for any "hardware" in the morning.
my router has no pass its just admin for the user, maybe yours is the same?
my friends dad did this to him as well, but if your dad was slow enough to not block the time, put your pc clock back a few hours, if he did well i have no idea.
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Well if your dad's a tech savvy I'd have to say you're ****ed. If all else fails I'd say buy your own router :p
Quote by Zinnie

Hmm. Check the power plug the router plugs into. There might be something it goes through, like another plug that looks like a box or something. It might be a timer.
you might be able to create a new network on your router which would bypass any rules your dad put on the old network.
Quote by Smokey Amp
Oh, fuck off. It was funny in 2006, it's not funny now.

Anyway, threadstarter, he's probably found some program that acts as an outbound firewall blocking your connection to any outside hosts. Either that, or he just turs your modem off at 12:00.

Ohhh. You sound like a victim
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by boxie
Hmm. Check the power plug the router plugs into. There might be something it goes through, like another plug that looks like a box or something. It might be a timer.

I've already looked for a timer box, and I tried the passwords site, no luck

Oh well. 15 minutes left then I'm off

So someone think fast!
Quote by titsmcgee852
Ohhh. You sound like a victim

Nah, not really. I'm doing a degree in computer networking, though.

Quote by llanafreak44
Wireless modem, and the reason he did that is because my brothers always stay up the whole night playing games, so I suffer for it. I've already tried searching for other local modems, no luck.

Holy **** dude, me and you are in the same boat!

I like to stay around 12:30ish but my brother plays WoW or Warcraft III all night long.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

My mom has done that before. Do you have charter security? That's what we had, and you needed a password to get into the 'parental controls' area, which allows you to change that.
Quote by Shaepwnsyou
My mom has done that before. Do you have charter security? That's what we had, and you needed a password to get into the 'parental controls' area, which allows you to change that.

Possibly, it might be on the parent's computer. I'll check tomorrow.
Page 1 of 2