My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
great first post there guy, i heard they found multiple new species of bugs in his dreads after he died/./ anyone confirm this? i think thats pretty wicked.

a lot of people that diss his music dont know how to look past the guitar, it is very intricate, lots of layers very well arranged, things that you almost cant hear at all if you arent high, tons of very subtle percussion, bells etc.

cant underestimate his actual musicality if you looked at a full score for one of his songs
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
What is everyones favorite song?

My favorite is Natural Mystic. But, really the whole Exodus album is great.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
all his songs sound the same

you've obviously never listened to bob marley, or if you have, you've only listened to your big brother's copy of legend.
Quote by slidething31

how funny. i was just listening to "guiltiness" which precedes "natural mystic". i agree, exodus is great all around.

it's hard to pick just one favorite song. i've always liked "punky reggae party" "zimbabwe" and "crazy bald head" to name a few.
Concrete Jungle, Three Little Birds are two of my favorite songs by him. And yes, the exodus album is just great, the whole thing. Even better high haha.
i like Bob. i like his kids too. they make great music. especially Damian, Stephen, and Ziggy.
I love One Drop, the lyrics are absolutley great. "So give us the teachings of his majesty, we no want no devil's philosophy", Survival is my favorite Bob album. I think Lively Up Yourself is my favorite song to jam with, the groove is incredible.

Does this bug any of you guys? when you see the little 14 year olds with Bob Marley shirts, and it is almost always the cover of Catch A Fire, the one w/ Bob and a massive spliff. and you know they they havent heard anything other than Buffalo Soldier and Jammin before.
It's a bit annoying that some people use his image to try make themselves look cool, but I'm all for more people getting into his music.
^ exactly! i love to show people more music by popular artists, or my obscure music and get people to love it as much as i do. but when it is just some punk who says he LOVES Bob Marley, when the only reason they says that is because he smoked or to be cool.

Also, about people giving him a bad reputation because he smoked, smoking ganja is a religious sacrament for those who believe Haile Selassie is the reincarnation of Jesus Christ, or Rastafarians, much like in Catholic churches there is wine. Obviously it was also sometimes done because bud is awesome, but thats not what it was all about.
Well for me, blazing and listening to Natural Mystic is basically a religious experience.

But, yeah, lots of people seem to think that Bob was just some stoner, but I mean the music is really good, high or not.
Quote by Ramblin'_Man
I love One Drop, the lyrics are absolutley great. "So give us the teachings of his majesty, we no want no devil's philosophy", Survival is my favorite Bob album. I think Lively Up Yourself is my favorite song to jam with, the groove is incredible.

Does this bug any of you guys? when you see the little 14 year olds with Bob Marley shirts, and it is almost always the cover of Catch A Fire, the one w/ Bob and a massive spliff. and you know they they havent heard anything other than Buffalo Soldier and Jammin before.

Hey man, im only 14. I know a lot more than that about his work though unlike most of those people.
^ haha. I don't think anyone meant any offense dude. I think we were meaning the people, often teenagers, who just like to use the image and reputation of Bob Marley because they think he was cool cause he smoked pot or something.

I think it's great when younger kids are into good music.
I like Burnin', Catch a Fire, and Exodus alot. I like Damien, Stephen, and Ziggy too.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
i like bob marley but out of his sons id say Stephen > Damian > Julian > ziggy (blech)
"The revolution lives on not in words to live for it, but in one's heart to die for it" -Che Guevara
Marley gave some pretty good quotes too. If music didnt work out I think he would have made a great philospher haha.
hey davi_bowie=god sorry man i didnt mean any offense if you actually listen o all of his music than more power to you. i just mean the kids who dont know anything the bob marley was about or the breadth of his music.
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
Marley gave some pretty good quotes too. If music didnt work out I think he would have made a great philospher haha.

I don't know if he could have been a philosopher, but I think he would have been a good inspirational speaker. Like, he could have done speeches at colleges and such.
Quote by slidething31
I don't know if he could have been a philosopher, but I think he would have been a good inspirational speaker. Like, he could have done speeches at colleges and such.

Haha, I can imagine that now. That would be funny as hell. He'd be the coolest inspriational speaker ever though. Ive never met one that smoked the grass.
you all should check out the reggae music thread here too.

as much as i love bob marley, he is but the tip of the iceberg when it comes to reggae.
I love what little Bob Marley I have listened to. I only own legends, but it's not by choice haha. I is too poor to buy any of his other stuff and I refuse to pirate music because I want to be a musician so if I worked hard to make a cd I wouldn't want some little brat stealing it. But I will buy more soon!
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I once wore that shirt and it got me so many bitches my penis got a rash from gropage.
^ Not to sound crass, but he's dead, so you aren't stealing from him.
my favourite, the redemption song.
its not typical bob, but such a powerful song in my opinion
^ +1

Bob is brilliant. I have a lot of his stuff but none of his actually album other than Babylon By Bus (Which is one of the best albums I have ever heard live or otherwise.) I have a bunch of miscelleneas packagings of some of his really early stuff and a couple discs of outtakes from really early sessions.
Ok i found a song entitled Knockin' on Heavens door, with the artist listed as Bob Marley and Led Zepp...... Did this actually happen, and if so is there a version that isn't live?
Yeah, I've seen that song too, but I downloaded one and it didn't sound like him. It's just some stupid kid who doesn't a pop tart from a rainforest, like all the "Led Zeppelin" smoke on the water's, or how songs are listed as 20 different artists in limewire just so more people will download it.

And I'm only 15, but I know what you guys mean about stupid kids wearing shirts with people they know nothing about, or pretending to like Marley. Like how every 12-year-old and his goldfish have misfit t-shirts but don't know a single song, or this one time when a girl told me Don't Worry, Be Happy was Bob Marley just because it's reggae-ish. Stupid people are everywhere....
Bob's out this world. superbly written songs very VERY deep and emotional. He sang what he ment to and ment what he sang. plus i love his and the wailers guitar work( how beautiful is that solo in No Woman No Cry?)

fave songs being Johnny was a Good Man, One Love and Redemption Song(of course )
i wake up every morning to Three Little Birds
You can't kill the metal
The metal will live on
I love Three Little Birds and Redemption Song. Although, I am ashamed to admit that I am one of those 14 year olds that you mentioned. I have only heard Legend, but I love it, and I don't smoke, so I don't like it because of that. Also, Johnny Cash and Joe Strummer did a version of Redemption Song that I really like.
Quote by slidething31

My favorite song has to be Concrete Jungle. Closely followed by Pimper's Paradise.
But IMO his best album is Babylon By Bus.
^ agreed Babylon By Bus is absolutely amazing. My friend said he doesn't like Bob Marley(he's listened to like nothing other than Buffalo Soldier), he likes Clapton, BOC and Santana and he was saying how the guitar is lame, but i showed him that album and he took everything back. the guitar licks are smokin' and the groove is still there, its the definition of reggae.
Ive actually never listened to all of babylon by bus, damn parents deleted limewire and the closest music store is a crappy wal mart.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
I prefer his earlier Rock Steady music.

My first CD ever was Survival.
Quote by slidething31
^ Not to sound crass, but he's dead, so you aren't stealing from him.

sorry to bring this old thread back but the sale of his music and licenced merchandise goes toward a lot of good charities and organizations. so the decision to pirate music shouldnt be based upon if the artist is alive or not.

not judging you but had to comment on that.
Admitingly not very good at the moment

that moment like this turd shall pass.
Quote by suh Duke
sorry to bring this old thread back but the sale of his music and licenced merchandise goes toward a lot of good charities and organizations. so the decision to pirate music shouldnt be based upon if the artist is alive or not.

not judging you but had to comment on that.

I was not aware of that. But what I said is still true. And really, the decision on whether to download music illegally can be made for whatever reason. It doesn't matter to me why or why not someone else chooses to do it.
Page 1 of 2