I'm a 20 year old guitarist, just lookin for a band to start gigging with. I got no experience, I'm a ****ty singer, can put up some colorful riffs and junk, but I can't get a crew together to save my life. Everyone I jam with for fun are either solo acts or not wanting to gig. So where the balls to I find some serious folks?
i got so sick of finding people i just started a one man project, finally i met my lead guitarist oddly over the internet, we were already online friends and found out later on that we lived like two miles from eachother
steal em from other bands... but first and foremost if your gonna LEAD the band then you need to have more self confidence

let me tall a you a short story, I guy called me up the other day said his band need a vocalist. I said ok cool tell me about your band... and he went on about band members coming and going and the singers a flake and just gave me a horribly true representing of what I was getting myself into. Which is a perfect example opf what you should NOT do, have some confidence, dont mention all the flakes in the past, focus on the now and be positive and you'll get much better truer feedback
at college, always a good place to find down and out dreamers like yourself.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by alkalineweeman
at college, always a good place to find down and out dreamers like yourself.

Yea, I'm in college if that helps.
Quote by demiphoenix
i got so sick of finding people i just started a one man project, finally i met my lead guitarist oddly over the internet, we were already online friends and found out later on that we lived like two miles from eachother

Makes sense to me. I think I'm gonna get a nice acoustic and start a one man project even tho me n my friend started sumthing. it can't hurt to have a couple things goin at once.

But it does seem like everyone's too busy of music....and I wish that could work out better, but i understand people gotta work and such.
well my band's first line-up i found at school. then round about 6 months later, our drummer left coz he's into hardcore and we were alternative and we ditched out singer. Then my mate who i took the bus with joined after i found out he was a decent guitarist, and i switched to drums, and then we held auditions for a singer/2nd guitarist and we ended up getting a great singer in one of my cricket mates (im from australia btw) .

So basically, there's many ways to go about it, but my top two are:

Get out there - Take public transport, go to local bands gigs, places where you'll meet people who play an instrument/can sing.

or

Put up flyers/posters saying your auditioning people to join your new sick-ass band.

hope i helped

A.D
The best way to find people isn't necessarily to set out to look for band members. Back in July of 2007, I had the exact same problem. Everyone I knew, either was in a band and didn't want to do anything, or couldn't play an instrument. I started going to shows at bars and interacting with the people there. That let to me hanging out with people and meeting other people that were friends with them, that I wouldn't otherwise hang out with, that wanted to start some things. Because of that I'm in 2 bands, have played shows with 2 other bands and a lot of other people want me to play music with them. It's all about interaction with people, even if they themselves don't want to start something. You'll meet new people that will.