Title says it all =), im looking for an amp that can handle metal and also blues and classic rock. I only have 200 so wanna get the best bang for my buck. Thanks
hey jdmurrayz, if u get a good answer, can you send me it? i have a friend with the exact same situation
Theres a guy in my town selling a Behringer 60 watt LX210, I don't know anything about this amp so... anyone have any feedback on the amp?
Last edited by jdmurrayz at Jul 17, 2008,
this shud be in GG&A
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
fender champion 600 if you are looking for tone over volume
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte

Okay, how loud does the amp have to be? Do you need it for practicing at home, rehearsing with a band, gigging? What styles of music does it have to cover? And what guitar are you going to use with it?
I need it loud enough for practicing with a band. Im going to go check out the Behringer LX210. I read up on it and it sounds like a nice amp =). I just hope its in good condition
you should try the

GG&A Searchbar
great little thing

anyway

don't take behrin ger
Any chance you might be able to save up a little more or possibly trade something in for more money to put towards an amp? I've heard and had plenty of my own bad experiences with some Behringer equipment and since then I wouldn't personally purchase anything from them in the future.

If you can squeeze approx. $250, you might want to shoot for a Cube 30x.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
I picked up the Roland Cube 20X for $140, I think. It has four built in distortions types, like "heavy metal" and a built in tuner. You can spend the extra 40 bucks you save on beer.
Maybe look on ebay for something used?
I just bought a used valveking 112 tube amp for 235, it would retial for 430, more with tax.
i would go with the guys saying the Roland Cube, or if you can wait then save up and upgrade to a nice tube as you can get some nice ones over in the UK for about £500, i dont know the conversion rate though
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Thanks for the the amp suggestions guys. My friend just got a Marshall half stack so he sold me his Peavey Bandit 112 for 200$. I really like it. =)
Last edited by jdmurrayz at Jul 19, 2008,
Quote by Chaosinborn
did he get a marshall mg....?

I think so, but im not sure
Quote by bradulator
Iceland has the coolest women.
Quote by Chaosinborn
RETURN RETURN RETURN

its crap return it! Be a pal and give him his bandit back

LOL, take that piece of **** mg back to where he got.....now!
Fender American Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Standard
79 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Suhr Pro Series S5
Ovation Custom Balladeer
Mesa Boogie Mark IV with 4x12 Recto Cab
Looking for Ibanez RGA model or Petrucci PM me for details
Lol, well I told him it was bad but he bought it anyways. Im sure as hell not giving the bandit back =P. I have like 70 bucks left, i was thinking about getting a new pup or pedal, any suggestions
Quote by bradulator
Does the Bandit suit your distortion needs? If not, get an od pedal to drive it, and if not, i would just save the money for something else you may want down the road. That's how I aqquire my gear, I just wait until I feel I need the gear, not want it.
Fender American Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Standard
79 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Suhr Pro Series S5
Ovation Custom Balladeer
Mesa Boogie Mark IV with 4x12 Recto Cab
Looking for Ibanez RGA model or Petrucci PM me for details
I have a cheap Danelectro distorsion that gets the job done. I kinda wanna get a new pup for my kramer,cause my super distorion went out that I got from a friend
Quote by bradulator
Well, I got screwed out of the Bandit. He sold it to me without his parents permission. So the search is back on
Quote by bradulator
lmfao come on guys, the mg series is alright if you tweek it a bit. I got mine sounding quite good actually. Just stay away from the presets.
... wrote
the funny thing about those ads is, if i could steal a car at the comfort of my own computer in my own house, i would.

Quote by MyDesertRose
Ahahaha TS just got gobsmacked.
Well played Wicked Rose