Well I have a couple of problems but that's the biggest one. My picking hand likes to pick a lot faster than my fretting hand can go? What exercises can I do to make them more synced up because this means I usually strike the string in between notes and it sounds like sh*t. Also I can't do anything going backwords ex:
E|-4-3-2-1-| or E|-4p3p2p1-|
I just can't do it descending, so anything for that as well? I do chromatics sometimes but they don't seem to help much. Also it's hard for me to alternate pick when switching strings ie:
D|-5----4---|
A|---3-3-3-3|

Stuff like that get started.
And final question (sorry this is it I swear :p how is the Rock House Metal DVD? I was thinking of getting Rock Discipline but I heard it's more for intermediate players. I consider myself beginner/intermediate. Lamb of God's As The Palaces Burn is the most technical/hardest solo I know to give you an idea of where I'm at.

Anyhow, thanks all for help .
you could just slow down, play at a slower pace then pick back up when your left hand is ready.
Quote by AtThisVelocity
Your crying like a baby to the pit....You have pretty much ruined it for yourself.
Yeah, this isn't what you want to hear, but the ONLY way to build up co-ordination or speed is to practice exercises or scales up and down the neck slowly, and only speeding up when you can do it immaculately,
Not a huge fan of bees
Quote by Gelato
Yeah, this isn't what you want to hear, but the ONLY way to build up co-ordination or speed is to practice exercises or scales up and down the neck slowly, and only speeding up when you can do it immaculately,

Actually I don't mind doing that it's just progress with that seems really slow. And it's boring. So like an exercise that is more of a song but I can slow it down so that it still sounds good/fun to play but also improves my technique. But yeah I'll definitely run chromatics/scales slowly and speed my way up oh so slowly.
Practice slow and use a metronome. That stupid click does wonders for getting yourself coordinated.
Gibson.
Also, alternate picking chromatics improve overall coordination between the two. Both ascending and descending as well. But for specific riffs, as mentioned, making sure you can play it perfectly at slower tempos is your first step..
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Do these two excercises:

Excercise 1:

E----------------------------------------------------I
B----------------------------------------------------I
G----------------------------------------------------I
D----------------------------------------------------I
A-------------------1------1-2---1-2-3-1-2-3-4-I
E-1-2-3-4-2-3-4---3-4------4-------------------I

Excercise 2:

E-4-3-2-1-3-2-1---2-1-----1-------------------I
B-------------------4-----4-3---4-3-2-4-3-2-1-I
G---------------------------------------------------I
D---------------------------------------------------I
A---------------------------------------------------I
E---------------------------------------------------I

Practice these excercises across all 6 strings in different positions. Use alternate picking.

I do these excercises as warm up excercises. I feel they're very good for synchronisation.
yep! even though slowing down wont be as fun for you, it will alow your hands to work together instead of against each other, and gradually pick up the pace.

Major Scale, Major Scale, Major Scale!
AMPS:
Bugera 333XL
Orange AD30
VoxAC30cc2
ELECTRIC GUITARS:
Les Paul Standard 60s Neck
Jackson DKM2
Godin Solidac
ACOUSTICS:
Taylor 714CE
#1 Influence: