I wan't a bass guitar but I really don't want to spend a lot of money. Really as long as it is a bass guitar I don't mind if its bright pink I will still buy it just where can I buy a bass for very little money. It doesn't even have to be new, it can be scratched, damaged and dented I really don't mind. Any ideas on how to get one, I checked ebay and they are all over £50.
stagg P200 p bass is 70 new, if your desperate
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
It is rather impossible to find a good bass under £50. If you really want a bass you could go for that Stagg that CaptainJack666 offered, but Stagg isn't know for its high quality. You might have to wait a little while, probably save a little more or buy a crappy bass which sounds awful.
I don't really want a good bass, I play the guitar I just wanted to have a bass to learn to play as its something different and there is an open mic night I go to and would like to play bass there a little but I can use someone elses bass when I play there I just wanted to learn on a crappy cheap bass. Does anyone know how much they are in second hand shops like cash converters or charity shops?
my friend got a P bass for £40 quid from cash generator once, it was some brand calles cheetah or sumthin, we burned it when he got his yamaha lol
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
If you buy a cheap bass then you will invariably come out with a bass made of cheap materials. It will sound like crap and you could end up with such a poor bass that it will affect your playing and therefore put you off bass playing altogether. I would suggest saving up and shopping around for a starter pack. While those basses are by no means fantastic, i have been playing my starter pack SX for two years now. It could sound a bit better sure, but i have yet to find a bass for under 300quid that is nicer to play. BTW i payed 215euro for the bass a 20watt amp a gig back strap tuner blah blah usual crap in the pack.
I would save up its just I dont want to take it seriously at all, all i want to do is learn to play it a bit, i am saving up for a guitar amp and thats why i dont want to spend a lot.
I see where you are coming from but unless you get very lucky in a second hand shop or in the free ads you could very well end up with a bass that will put you off bass playing due to its shoddy quality. Do you know any bassists with a second or even third bass that they would be willing to let you borrow for a few months until you can allocate more funds to your bass??
Quote by jimmy_neutron
It could sound a bit better sure, but i have yet to find a bass for under 300quid that is nicer to play.

The squier vintage mod basses and classic vibe basses are under 300...... and they rock
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
I might be able to, ill ask around but I don't really know any bass players. I might end up having to wait until after I buy the new amp.
Quote by CaptainJack666
The squier vintage mod basses and classic vibe basses are under 300...... and they rock

300quid euro. Thats about 200 sterling? if not less

Quote by jdmarsh2005
I might be able to, ill ask around but I don't really know any bass players. I might end up having to wait until after I buy the new amp.

Do you live in like a big city in england or more like a country town. If they are availible check all local pawn shops and cash converters etc. Comb all the free ads and as a last resort try ebay. I'd put ebay as a last resort because for one you cant try before you buy and two you could spend a week stalking the perfect bass only for some ass**** to come along with a massve bid in the final few minutes thus wasting your time.......
I live in a medium sized town really, I guess there are a couple of shops I could try like cash converters and things. I know there are some close to me.
basses under £40 are so **** you might as well play a ruler.
try wesley basses on ebay, they are dirt cheap but plays alright, most of their bids have no reserves so you might get a bargain.
Washtub bass.
I don't know what I'm doing, but I still do it anyway...

Just for the lulz.
I got an SGC Nanyo Bass Collection from back when they were good (some time in the 80's) for £90 of the Bay. You can't get a good instrument for under £50, but you can for under £100 if you're patient and keep looking.

Also, if you don't have a bass amp and you buy this new guitar amp you want, don't play the bass through it, it will wreck it.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!