I know it's been asked, yet the search bar fails me!!

I hear of this techique called rolling your left hand fingers after you play a note so that the string doesn't ring out as a pull off. How do you do this?

Do you lift your finger off an angle? Do you lift it off slowly? Do you lift it off halfway?

I'm very confused. Helpz please?

Thanks!
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
The idea of a sweep is it's a very fast arpeggio
Therefor you are technically playing every note individually instead of letting them ring.
So after playing a note with one finger lift that finger off the string whilst muting the string with your right hand to prevent any feedback or unwanted notes and thus moving on to the next string.
However in some sweeps, like a major arpeggio, you are sweeping three strings with the same finger which makes it too akward to lift and place down again, so the easiest way to do it is to roll the finger. This means to lay the finger flat across the strings that you are sweeping and roll the finger literally lifting it slightly on the notes you are trying to mute.

hope that helped...
Unfortunately no, i did not refer to the rolling used to cover multiple notes, but rather the rolling used to 'mute' the strings after you play them. I was told that was name the of the technique in one of the lessons that doesn't really explain how to do it.
Blackstar HT-5

I dunnoh, I heard you were supposed to mute with your left hand right as you finished playing the note so that it doesn't ring. How do you do it with your right hand's thumb?
Blackstar HT-5

Isn't it a bit inconvenient muting with your right? You should be aiming not to hit the other strings anyway and just letting the notes die out when your finger lifts off the string slightly..
Quote by Vixus
Isn't it a bit inconvenient muting with your right? You should be aiming not to hit the other strings anyway and just letting the notes die out when your finger lifts off the string slightly..

Seems practical, but I guarantee you that it won't work over 12th fret. The natural harmonic will ring out if you do that. It's not inconvenient once you get used to it. It becomes a part of the natural movement.
Where on the thumb? The part of the final 'joint' where the pick is held? Or the part that connects to the hand, the chunkier area?
Blackstar HT-5

Quote by Vixus

I'm not hitting other strings. It's when i play something such as

----------12h17----------
------13----------13-----
--14-------------------14
--------------------------
----------------------------
-------------------------

Pardon my lazy tab, but when playing that when i pull my finger off of the 14th fret on the g string, it rings out as an Open g, which ruins my 'clean' sweep.
Blackstar HT-5