ok so i just got it and im pretty noob but.... which way of the switch is which pickup?

for some reason i think the switch pushed all the way down sounds edgier & birghter, but isnt this the bridge? i thought neck pickup sounded like this...

or IS pushed down the neck?

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Bottom/right hand position is normally the bridge pickup, designed for rhythm work and lead work, best choice for riffs etc. The neck pickup is on the far left position of the switch and gives a more rounded sound, smoother treble and more profound bass frequency response usually.
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
Bottom/right hand position is normally the bridge pickup, designed for rhythm work and lead work, best choice for riffs etc. The neck pickup is on the far left position of the switch and gives a more rounded sound, smoother treble and more profound bass frequency response usually.

This.
Quote by hmmm_de_hum

Correct (and middle position are both pickups )